Beginners and Beyond

Winter won’t quit Wednesdailies (Read 38 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles. Felt better than yesterday, so guess that's a good sign.

I do most of my intervals by time. Hudson uses a lot of time based intervals in his plans.

I hate fartleks.  I need defined goals.  Telephone poles just don't do it for me.

I don't think I've ever actually done fartleks, but I've done a shit-ton of strides. Which I love, because they're like the easiest intervals ever. They're super-short, and I don't really have to worry about my exact pace, I just run hard.

I do intervals however my training plan tells me to. Which until the last 2 cycles, was mostly by distance. Which I liked because I never had to bother to program my watch, I just did them at the track and used the manual lap button. However the plan I've used the last 2 times has some effed up shit that I can't even program directly on my watch; I had to learn how to program it in the GC app and transfer to my watch. Which I guess is a good skill to have anyway.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I have not done intervals for a while until this training cycle.  I blame my coach (who is a member of this group and might see this), LOL. 

Went to dinner to a place with $2 margaritas.  I think I am ready for bed and it's only 8:25pm.  Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

3.5 miles. Felt better than yesterday, so guess that's a good sign.

I do most of my intervals by time. Hudson uses a lot of time based intervals in his plans.

I felt much better today too.  I ran for seven, nice and easy.  Much better than yesterday when I aimed for 5 but stopped at 3.

I'm not very good at pacing myself on intervals and repeats, so I do best on a track with a clock timing laps and half-laps.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Went to dinner to a place with $2 margaritas.  I think I am ready for bed and it's only 8:25pm.  Oops.

I am always ready for bed by 8:25 PM.

Dave

sdWhiskers

+1

GinnyinPA

LOL!  Yes, I stand corrected.  Partly cloudy, 50, slight tailwind.  Done!

That was actually close to the forecast for this year about 10 days out - 52 and cloudy IIRC.  I was so excited!

Coastal

LM:  Glad you cranked up the pace and it went well.

Dave:  That's a heck of a deal on a room.  You ought to grab a few extra nights so you don't have to hurry there or rush back home.  

Did my heavy lag work today, then finished up with 6.5 on the TM. Thing froze up and I had to turn it off and on again.  After that it cooperated.

Docket_Rocket

LOL. I am still running at 8:25pm, still needing to make dinner, eat, and work for 2-3 hours afterwards, so being ready for bed at 8:25pm is pretty rare.

I went to our lounge and had some more drinks.  I suspect the class tomorrow will be very, very quiet, and moany, based on the amount of people still there drinking at midnight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page