Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES; Flowers don't compete with each other, they just bloom (Read 36 times)

LRB

B Mart posted her run today on Instagram; 4 x 1 with 3 minutes recovery - 5:05, 5:00, 4:51, 4:47. She's running the Carlsbad 5000 on the 1st, so that's 9 days out. It's a race I actually wouldn't mind racing someday...at a slightly slower pace of course. Slightly.

onemile

When I broke 1:40, my 5k was 21:30. YMMV, you might be built for HMs - hard to imagine not cutting a couple minutes off. I generally do worse at longer distances than McMillan predicts. (Or better at shorter distances, if the glass is half full.)

I ran a 22:17 5k (7:11 pace) PR about a month before running a 1:37:06 half marathon (7:25 pace)

No more marathons

I ran a 22:17 5k (7:11 pace) PR about a month before running a 1:37:06 half marathon (7:25 pace)

Shortly before I ran my all time HM PR back in '81 (1:20:59) I ran a 5K in 17:49 - if McMillan had been around back then he would have predicted a HM of 1:22:29.  That was the last time my HM was "better" than my 5K.  In the next year or so I took 55 seconds off the 5K, but stayed at 1:21 for the half.

Last year I ran a 21:40 5K - McMillan predicts 1:40 HM, but the best I could do in the HM 3 weeks earlier was 1:46:33.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I was supposed to do 7xmile at sub HM pace today but I was 15 sec off the first mile and working wayyy too hard for it and when I couldn't get going any faster for the 2nd I decided to scrap it and try again tomorrow 

So far I've been able to do all the workouts from Hudson but this one might be the first fail.

I think I'll hold off until after work to get a couple extra hours of rest.

I'm supposed to start at 7:30 and work down to 7:15.  I'm thinking 7:30, 7:29, 7:28, 7:27, 7:15.  

It's the 90 second recovery between miles that's really going to be the killer.

He's a leaker!

onemile

So far I've been able to do all the workouts from Hudson but this one might be the first fail.

I think I'll hold off until after work to get a couple extra hours of rest.

I'm supposed to start at 7:30 and work down to 7:15.  I'm thinking 7:30, 7:29, 7:28, 7:27, 7:15.  

It's the 90 second recovery between miles that's really going to be the killer.

Mine was supposed to be high 6:40's down to 6:35 if you can, if not, stick in the high 6:40's. Which I have done a pretty close workout before and hit those paces (and slightly faster)

Docket_Rocket

10 miles done, with the last two outside.  I regret that, as it was still hot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Mine was supposed to be high 6:40's down to 6:35 if you can, if not, stick in the high 6:40's. Which I have done a pretty close workout before and hit those paces (and slightly faster)

Just for chuckles I used an age graded calculator to get this work out equivalent for my 31 year old self.  It would be 5:46 down to 5:30.

I remember one workout that was 5 X mile in 5:25 down to 5:10 - but that had a full mile recovery between.  That remains one of my most memorable work outs  of all time.

He's a leaker!