Beginners and Beyond

Looks like we lost SaturDAILIES (Read 43 times)

onemile

Thanks everyone! I’ll report more on it later. Walked around the Shedd Aquarium for awhile and I still have to work 4 hours tonight 

onemile - good call on the shorts

I even ran in shorts today! Smile Nice job on the PR - you are setting yourself up nicely for your BQ marathon!

LRB

That's movin' right there!  Nice job, shorti!

'Morning, kids!  I worked for six hours this morning, which I am not thrilled about but I sure did get a shitload of work done.  I was feeling buried and today helped ease some of that, so going in was worth it.  Then I ran 6.25 miles, and 48 degrees felt so, so nice with all the cold weather we've had lately.  More of the same tomorrow.

Yeah, nice. But are the W2s ready?

RunningOnSand

Holy crap, Shortii, nice time! Is your stomach feeling better now? Beer helps with that...

I also had a vision of Dave, clenching his luggage tightly to his chest (like a bear hug). Big grin

I did manage to get in my 11 miles today, only I was dumb unprepared and chose a route packed full of snow. So I didn't hit my paces, but I nailed it on effort level. I'm trying to reason with myself and call that a win.

ETA: Yeah, Bert--we're on the same team!!! Kick some butt!!! Big grin

ETA x 2: My coach bumped me up to 6 days of running next week! Weeeeeeeeee!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Runshortii - Congrats!!!  That's a great time!

sdWhiskers - I think the autocorrect is actually right. 

ROS - Way to get it done for the team!  Yeah, in rough conditions effort is the way to go.  I've done so many miles on trails last year, it's laughable that some of my hardest runs are also my slowest.  Haha!

Docket - One Flakey Flakey coming right up!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

GinnyinPA

Today felt like spring with temps in the low 50s and a little sunshine. The snow is almost gone, only the puddles remain. I ran 12 easy.

delicate flower

Yeah, nice. But are the W2s ready?

Meh, they're ready enough.

<3

LRB

Meh, they're ready enough.

I'll owe, so no need to rush. lol

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I'll owe, so no need to rush. lol

+1.  And I wouldn't be mad if some paperwork got "lost".

And I will have an Affordable Beer Act, please.

onemile - Glad you got some balmy weather for the weekend!

3/17 - NYC Half

Docket_Rocket

The government already sent my W2.  I guess they knew even though we still have not heard anything about the shutdown. 

3 outside.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bert-o

I lost my rama

The government already sent my W2.  I guess they knew even though we still have not heard anything about the shutdown. 

3 outside.

That's just wrong.  Pay up, but we won't pay you.  Sorry Damaris.

3/17 - NYC Half

Docket_Rocket

I heard the WH press conference and I know for a fact that all employees have not been notified about the shutdown nor whether we are excepted or not, so they lied right there.  My agency has not received any information and has not put it down the line as of right now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

1:36:32 at the F^3 HM in Chicago. I finished and proceeded to dry heave so I would say it was a success

Congratulations! That’s awesome! (The success, not the dry heaving)

KCRuns

I ran the F3 HM this morning. I knew going in that I was not in PR shape, so I just ran a medium effort pace and enjoyed it. It was good. I didn’t look at my watch at all, which felt both weird and fantastic. Temps were mid 30s and partly sunny, so almost perfect. I did not PR, but I did beat last year’s time on the same course so I’m happy with that. Today kicks off marathon training, so it was a great way to help me get focused and ready for it. 16 weeks to Starved Rock!

Bravo!

+1. We say it in English too.

Shortii, you are going to crush your next marathon. You should be able to go sub-3:30.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I ran the F3 HM this morning. I knew going in that I was not in PR shape, so I just ran a medium effort pace and enjoyed it. It was good. I didn’t look at my watch at all, which felt both weird and fantastic. Temps were mid 30s and partly sunny, so almost perfect. I did not PR, but I did beat last year’s time on the same course so I’m happy with that. Today kicks off marathon training, so it was a great way to help me get focused and ready for it. 16 weeks to Starved Rock!

Nice work, KC! Even w/no PR, and I love it that you didn't even look at your watch. For my easy paced runs I've been trying to do that more.