Beginners and Beyond

Hello, I'm new. Kinda. (Read 296 times)

Mostly harmless

Hello!  I've just been kind of jumping into topics here and there but I haven't bothered to introduce myself as of yet.  You kids seem pretty cool so I was hoping I could hang out with you at lunch if there is room at your table.

I'm a distance running newbie. As a kid I scoffed at all things fitness related in favor of smoking and other things "cool". Quit smoking in my mid 20's and got into cycling for about 10 years then started running a little.  I ran 2 and 3 milers for a long time to keep the weight off and gradually became interested in running longer.  I ran my first HM in May of 2010 and hated it.  I was way under trained but didn't know it.  Since then I've done a little reading and a lot more running. I ran my first full last March (4:29:52) and my 4th HM this past October (1:50Tight lippedx).  I'm currently training to run my 2nd full next March in Virginia Beach.

Vitals: Male 46. Married, father of 3 (19, 17 & 14). I reside in Maryland with my wife, kids and two dogs.

I spend a lot of time in the Daily Marathon group.  We are always happy for new folks to post so please drop in.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Nevrgivup

Welcome!! We are a cool bunch of kids. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

#artbydmcbride

Hi there, YouareTooScott!

Runners run

runmomto3boys

Welcome!  It's nice to meet you!

delicate flower

Greetings.  Mucho pasta del monte pedro. 

<3

Sloooow.

Welcome! Always room Smile

Jess runs for bacon

I will be seeing you at Shamrock! Have you gone down to Calvert yet??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

I'm just sad because I haven't been down in over a year and I need my shark tooth fix.

Mostly harmless

I will be seeing you at Shamrock! Have you gone down to Calvert yet??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

I'm just sad because I haven't been down in over a year and I need my shark tooth fix.

I'm not familiar with Calvert. What might that be?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Jess runs for bacon

I'm not familiar with Calvert. What might that be?

Hrmm, I thought it was you I was telling about this. Guess not! It's a formation in the Chesapeake, dates to several million years ago. Used to be underwater in a mammal breeding ground. Now it's a cliff and all of these fossils fall out. It's most excellent. My favorite place to go is Flag Ponds Nature Park in Prince Frederick, MD. You walk up and down the beach there and shark teeth wash up Smile It's one of the few places you can find Megalodon teeth. Not that I've ever found any of those...

Just B.S.

HI Scott!!! 

I'll vouch for him, he's a nice guy or at least he plays one well in the "Marathoner Dailies" group!Big grin

mucknort

happylily

Hi Scott! Thanks for the introduction!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mostly harmless

HI Scott!!! 

I'll vouch for him, he's a nice guy or at least he plays one well in the "Marathoner Dailies" group!Big grin

Hi Beth!  We miss you in the dailies today. ;-)

not lazy, just tired

Welcome, Scott!

Not if it makes sense.

Welcome!  Nice to meet ya