Beginners and Beyond

Another Winter Storm from Illinois to Maine (Read 54 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Kind of ironic that a cold winter storm has the name of a god of fire and volcanoes that generate so much heat.  Weather forecaster humor, huh?

Somehow Vivian just doesn't carry the same impact.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

Re: the storm: I just can't even anymore.

Re: the name: I'm resistant to change and I think it's stupid that The Weather Channel has taken it upon itself to start naming winter storms.

RSX

I'm definitely using the snow as my Boston excuse. I would be a lot faster if I had more time to train outdoors etc. At least my non-running friends will buy it.

For this storm, my area is looking at 3 inches max, but a lot of rain. I have a 10 miler planned for tomorrow night but windchill is expected to be below 10. I can dress for that but ice during rush hour will have to see. Otherwise indoors it is.

happylily

I'm definitely using the snow as my Boston excuse. I would be a lot faster if I had more time to train outdoors etc. At least my non-running friends will buy it.

For this storm, my area is looking at 3 inches max, but a lot of rain. I have a 10 miler planned for tomorrow night but windchill is expected to be below 10. I can dress for that but ice during rush hour will have to see. Otherwise indoors it is.

That's funny.  That's my excuse as well. If I did real running outdoors, I'd be faster too!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

It's heeeeeerrrreeee!!!

Snowing snow for third day in a row. Turning to rain/freezing rain during the night then back to

snow before dawn and continuing all day tomorrow. Blizzard warning in effect.

Welcome Spring!!

Docket_Rocket

That's funny.  That's my excuse as well. If I did real running outdoors, I'd be faster too!

if you did "real" running outdoors, you would be elite!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Love the Half

In about 3 months, we'll be starting the summer litany. Runners are happy with the weather for about 16 days out of any normal year. 

Sounds about right.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Just B.S.

Nah I am happy all summer. Yup all 6 weeks of it I am happy regardless of the temps or humidity Smile

Sounds about right.