Beginners and Beyond

Tell us an interesting (NRR) fact about yourself! (Read 188 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

I can't whistle or curl my tongue.

I can wiggle my ears. Fascinates the kids.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I am ambidextrous.  I used to write with my left hand just for shits and giggles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Pinktastic

I separate my M&Ms by color and then eat them one color at a time - the colors I like least get eaten first and the ones I like best are last.

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Mmmmm...beer

I can't curl my tongue either, did you know that being a curler or non-curler is genetic? Smile

I'm also colorblind, thanks Mom! (colorblindness is linked to the X chromosome, which is why it's rare for females to be colorblind)

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

I used to do that with Skittles!

I separate my M&Ms by color and then eat them one color at a time - the colors I like least get eaten first and the ones I like best are last.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Buelligan

I was born an army brat and grew up in Europe and Asia and didn't start living in the US until I was 11 years old.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Oh yeah! I was born in Norway and grew up in Alaska. Air Force brat. Grr, Army. Wink

Luke79

Not that interesting, but I pop every joint/knuckle on my body obsessively.  I play drum beats with my teeth and I bite the skin off the side of my fingernails.

Luke79

I too, didn't move the the continental US until I was about 7.  Germany, then Hawaii.  Air Force brat.

I can juggle.

I used to carry a 5.5 handicap in golf. O.K., that's two facts.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I have shared this before, but I play drums in a band. We play at bars, clubs, weddings, etc...

Dad on the run.

Horse stepped on my leg when I was 5, broke it in 5 placed from my knee down to my ankle. Doctor didn't think my leg needed to be correctly set so know in order for my knee to be straight my foot is turn at about a 35 degree angle.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

happylily

Man I hate it when that request comes around. I just never know what to write... I'm the most uninteresting person ever. I don't do funny or weird tricks, and I'm mediocre at pretty much everything else.

I don't know... How about I was born at 11:11 pm and in numerology (which I know nothing about), the letters in my full name equate to 1. Or is it 11? I forget... Anyway, that's sort of interesting, no? Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

I have shared this before, but I play drums in a band. We play at bars, clubs, weddings, etc...

Nice. I played saxophone in band up until high school and I took a couple years of piano lessons. It's one of those things I wish I could go back in time and tell 15 year old Fuzzy that knowing how to play an instrument later in life could be a cool thing to do.