Beginners and Beyond

Tripping Over THURSDAILIES to Get to the Weekend (Read 87 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning B&B! Nice start to my 10-day taper for my hal;f next week with a easy 7+ miler. legs felt a bit beat up from my 3x2m cruise intervals yesterday, but nothing a RD can't cure tomorrow RD's are important and not all about running 80mpw every week worrying if you'll lose fitness if you miss a run. Probably get in HMP miles on course on Saturday though. Can't wait for my race next week.

Jedi...I think something might have been lost in translation with your post, but I got the sense that you're a little down on some of us that are doing the higher miles?  I don't see it as being concerned about losing fitness at all.  I just enjoy getting out there, believe that there is something to getting my volume up as high as I can tolerate it, and tend to feel better if I run miles at recovery pace than if I take a day off altogether.  I'm just curious what your thoughts were.  Regardless, good luck getting through your taper and I hope that you have a half.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

I have an iPhone. I need the URL of each picture, no?

Yes, you need to upload them to a website, tinypic is a popular one that does not require any kind of account.

Go to tinypic.com to upload an image

Tap Choose File, it will let you select whether to take a photo or choose existing

Choose Existing allows you to select from all the photos on your phone.

Pick the photo

Resize to Message Board

Hit Upload, it will make you enter a code, and then it gives you URL names.

Use the bottom one for Direct Links & Layouts, cut & paste that into the image insertion tool.

Voila!

Same instructions for iPad by the way.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

8 recovery miles on tap for tonight.  Very slow tonight.

I'm about to go do 8 recovery miles as well!  Want to race me and see who can do them slower?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

You forgot to mention that you're my friend and that I made you post here....

Hi everyone I may join you all from time to time.  I'm Marjorie, I've been running for 20 + years and I run a lot of miles.  I just enjoy seeing how far I can go.  I'm a Physical Therapist, live in Charleston SC and have 2 Basset Hounds (in my avi) that are liter mates.  I travel for work as I work with all our centers across the SE (and a few not in the SE) on a variety of things from policy to regulations to documentation etc.  I'm in Orlando this week and at a center now to do some training with a bunch of therapists.  I'll be back for personals as soon as I can.

Today I ran 16 miles super early am.  5 were at GMP.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

jedi is also a higher mileage runner, SIAR.  I'm sure his comment was not addressed to you.

Jedi...I think something might have been lost in translation with your post, but I got the sense that you're a little down on some of us that are doing the higher miles?  I don't see it as being concerned about losing fitness at all.  I just enjoy getting out there, believe that there is something to getting my volume up as high as I can tolerate it, and tend to feel better if I run miles at recovery pace than if I take a day off altogether.  I'm just curious what your thoughts were.  Regardless, good luck getting through your taper and I hope that you have a half.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Quote from jedigunnie26.2 on 2/28/2013 at 7:51 AM:

Morning B&B! Nice start to my 10-day taper for my hal;f next week with a easy 7+ miler. legs felt a bit beat up from my 3x2m cruise intervals yesterday, but nothing a RD can't cure tomorrow RD's are important and not all about running 80mpw every week worrying if you'll lose fitness if you miss a run. Probably get in HMP miles on course on Saturday though. Can't wait for my race next week.

Quote from SIAR:

Oh, NOTHING is getting lost in translation here.  This guy is hypercritical of me and my training (we were in another marathoner group together on FB that I dropped out of precisely because of his comments that were in this vein).  Got it.  I hear you, Jedi.  It doesn't work for you.  Guess what?  It's working for me just fine so, you do your thing and I'll do mine.  I'm not sure why you are so concerned with my training that you feel the need to offer your unsolicited advice to me constantly.  I've done pretty well and I've gotten pretty fast doing what I'm doing.

ETA: Damaris and Jedi are buds, so no surprise there...

Docket_Rocket

In all fairness, leaving our group because people were giving you advice (which is what that group is for) was a little too much, don't you think?  If I stop posting in places because people say some things I don't like or some things I disagree with, I would not have anywhere to post!

And jedi and I are not BUDS, like you post (which you apparently don't know much about).  We've had our tough conversations in the past about training and stuff.  Having said that, I don't have to be buds with somebody to respond to a post that needs clarification.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

In all fairness, leaving our group because people were giving you advice (which is what that group is for) was a little too much, don't you think?  If I stop posting in places because people say some things I don't like or some things I disagree with, I would not have anywhere to post!

I left because of you and Jedi - period.  I loved everyone else - the other 98 people.  When I ask for advice, any answers I get are fair game.  I would post my work outs in the dailies and repeatedly get unsolicited advice from you two: two people who aren't running the mileage/paces I am.  That is aggravating, to say the least.

runmomto3boys

I'm about to go do 8 recovery miles as well!  Want to race me and see who can do them slower?

I would LOVE too.  I'm keeping my recoveries nice and easy - goal of the week!!

Docket_Rocket

It does not surprise me, as you have a history of overreacting to everything.  I didn't say anything in that group that we have not said in that group every day.  Sounds like you didn't understand the dynamics of that group.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

It does not surprise me, as you have a history of overreacting to everything.  I didn't say anything in that group that we have not said in that group every day.  Sounds like you didn't understand the dynamics of that group.

Damaris: you don't like me, I don't like you - let's just not deal with each other, OK?  I don't need Jed's swipes - the shit he pulled this morning and yesterday - and I don't need yours.  I want to talk about running in a positive manner, that's it.

@runjerseygirl

No fair turning the Dailies into a meltdown.  You're stealing my thunder from the butt thread.  Angry

Do you even run?

Good morning, everyone.  I am off to my weight lifting class, plus 3 easy miles to shake it up.  I am planning longer runs outside tomorrow and Saturday, as the weather is supposed to be fantastic!

I have discovered in my 4ish years of running/training that everyone trains differently for different reasons.  Some race, some don't.  Some like to put lots and lots of miles in, others limit mileage and add more quality.  Some don't do any speedwork.  Whatever.  I look back over my own training and realize that a lot of things I did then is not what I would do today.  But we are all on our own journeys.  As long as no one is getting hurt, I don't see a problem.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Docket_Rocket

And that's where you are wrong.  I like you and I have never understood this animosity you have towards me.  I posted and clarified to SIAR's post and now you're attacking me.  Like I said, I am not surprised because I've known you do not like me, but I do not deserve all this animosity.

Damaris: you don't like me, I don't like you - let's just not deal with each other, OK?  I don't need Jed's swipes - the shit he pulled this morning and yesterday - and I don't need yours.  I want to talk about running in a positive manner, that's it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Paula: Sound advice!!  Enjoy the 3 miles and the weight training today!!!