Beginners and Beyond

Timmynoggy Tuesday Penguins (Read 30 times)

Sloooow.

Feel better, HopesMom.

Jack, I'm cool with complaining Smile I can't even imagine how worn out you must be!

Slow 2.1 miles this evening. I'm having some issues with tight shin muscles. It's not shin splints, the whole muscle going from ankle to nearly the bottom of my knee is sore when I run. It's really aggravating. Starting daily shin stretches to help.

GinnyinPA

We're still on the road, in Texas at the moment.  We just spent 3 days visiting my 89 year old father and his fiancée.  No internet for almost a week.  I've managed two runs this week, only 3 miles each, but no pain on either one.  I'm feeling really hopeful that I'm finally healing. Biggest adventure during this period was our dog chased a skunk into an outhouse, and caught it.  We gave him a bath out of the campground spigot so we could tolerate him that night, then stopped at a groomer's shop by the highway where he got two more baths, and he still smells skunky.  At home I'd have tried the hydrogen peroxide/baking soda/dishsoap mixture, but not having access to a bathtub limited our options.

Bin Running

Bin, yes I have done venomized routine for MONTHS now plus other ones too. My shins should be strong enough to lift a damn car but they still give me Hell. Angry

Im thinking about trying my custom orthotics again.

If that still doesn't helps.. Maybe changing shoes might help.. Lower or higher heel drop? More or less stability, even control shoes?

If all these fail, maybe a good PT could help?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

tracilynn

If that still doesn't helps.. Maybe changing shoes might help.. Lower or higher heel drop? More or less stability, even control shoes?

If all these fail, maybe a good PT could help?

Yes, I've done all that. I ditched my custom orthotics. Went from 12+ mm stability to 8mm drop stability to neutral then went to 4mm drop Kinvara  tried minimal and even barefoot runs.  And now Im in Hokas.

I actually asked my doc for a PT referral and the nurse said they don't refer shin splints And that I need to come in and get my orthotics adjusted. But I didn't want them to know that I had ditched my orthotics. Evil  Honestly my ins is terrible and I can't really afford PT, its 100$ per visit for me after ins.  That's why I tried to do the PT on my own.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

Yes, I've done all that. I ditched my custom orthotics. Went from 12+ mm stability to 8mm drop stability to neutral then went to 4mm drop Kinvara  tried minimal and even barefoot runs.  And now Im in Hokas.

I actually asked my doc for a PT referral and the nurse said they don't refer shin splints And that I need to come in and get my orthotics adjusted. But I didn't want them to know that I had ditched my orthotics. Evil  Honestly my ins is terrible and I can't really afford PT, its 100$ per visit for me after ins.  That's why I tried to do the PT on my own.

Perfectly understandable. Hope you find something that works.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar