Beginners and Beyond

Watch out for the Wednesday Penguins! (Read 16 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Zelanie

We bite.   Maybe it's just a love nibble, though.

I will probably run 4 and do some exercises tonight.  You?

Singer who runs a smidge

Fierce penguin!!  Well, hello all, how's it going?  I have quartet rehearsal tonight, for the first time in three weeks.  So we'll probably be totally rusty, but it'll be a lot of fun!!  Still haven't heard from the appraiser, so we don't know yet when we're going car shopping.  But DH has some errands tomorrow that have to be done during the day, so we'll probably have to break down and get a rental.  Dusty continues to improve -- at this point I think he just wants the itchy stitches gone.  They're supposed to dissolve, or be taken out in 12-14 days.  He's on day 8.

Zel -- good luck with your 4 and exercises!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Hope Dusty continues to get better!  That's frustrating being without a car- hope the appraiser gets it together!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 with 2 at MP.

Hope, hope Dusty continues getting better and that you get to car shopping soon.

Enjoy your miles, Z.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Z - enjoy your short run tonight.

D - have fun with your six tonight.  I always enjoyed MP runs when I was training.  Right now, they're a struggle, but then everything is a struggle right now.

HopesMom - have fun with your quartet tonight. It's hard to only have one car and two busy schedules to coordinate.

Rainy day here, but much cooler so I'm hoping to do a few miles outside this afternoon between showers.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Another crappy day, so indoor walk/run for us later this morning.  I'll try out my new Adrenalines and see if I can wear 12.5's.

Good luck car shopping HsM.  We will be doing the same in a couple of months and ditch our two 2004's for one 2016.

LRB

PADRunner

Started my track workouts last night with starts and 6 x 200. Tonight is 15 x 100.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Z - enjoy your short run tonight.

D - have fun with your six tonight.  I always enjoyed MP runs when I was training.  Right now, they're a struggle, but then everything is a struggle right now.

HopesMom - have fun with your quartet tonight. It's hard to only have one car and two busy schedules to coordinate.

Rainy day here, but much cooler so I'm hoping to do a few miles outside this afternoon between showers.

Sad

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cool

I have to confess, that scared the shit out of me when I opened this thread...

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

DH forgot to pack me a sandwich for tonight.  Looks like I'll be forced to get Thai takeout.  Bummer. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

on my way to badass

Hey Pens!

I loved the penguin pic!

4.25 miles done.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

GinnyinPA

We ended up going to the rail trail in Shippensburg where I did a 6 mile fartlek run. It was cloudy and cool (54) with no pollen thanks to the earlier rain, so it was a really good run. It's the first time I've felt able to run fast in months, even if it was only for 100-150 paces at a time. About 2 minutes after getting back into the car, it began to sprinkle again. Nice timing.

HopesMom - nice getting Thai food instead of a sandwich;-)