Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES are late to the dailies (Read 48 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

The woman and I had home made tartar and wine for supper. The kids were at their gradma's. It was delicious, and no cooking, Dave! Big grin

As in raw steak?

Cyberic

As in raw steak?

Yep. It's what you mix with the raw meat, chopped in very small cubes, that gives the tartar its taste. And because it is choppwd in tiny pieces, the meat almost melts in the mouth. Salmon tartar is also a good choice.

You need to tell the butcher that you want meat for a tartar. He will give you ultra fresh stuff.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm late to the dailies, today has been a rough day. This morning's half marathon was like the first 6 or so that I ran, dealing with trying to adapt and dealing with my GI issues. I had to stop 3 times, the 3rd time was probably the toughest because I ended up getting that "lung stuck in your ribs" pain so that sucked.

Results:

Time: 2:08:36

Pace: 9:49 min/mile

Gender Place: 213/940

Division Place: 29/132

Overall Place: 557/1590

I can honestly say that my 3 bathroom stops added the 8 minutes, and of course I walked when drinking some gatorade and some water because I was not about to choke damn it.

Blah is all I can say, I'm not in the shape I was in 2015 or 2016 where I could just punch out 13-16 miles every other weekend. But hopefully I can spend this winter getting myself back in shape.

Blah

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Yep. It's what you mix with the raw meat, chopped in very small cubes, that gives the tartar its taste. And because it is choppwd in tiny pieces, the meat almost melts in the mouth. Salmon tartar is also a good choice.

You need to tell the butcher that you want meat for a tartar. He will give you ultra fresh stuff.

Not a fan. I've had it done (presumably) very well, at a high-end restaurant, but still wasn't crazy about it. Didn't gross me out or anything, just sort of meh. Raw salmon I love, in sushi form. Actually just had some for lunch yesterday.

Dave

Adding late to say a couple things:

Baboon, dayum!!!!  Nice race dude!  Also, from another post, that's hella cool about the invite to the Tri.  My BFF is a tri person (Jack of all trades, as I like to tease her), and that's a big deal.  (She refers to me as "one trick pony," so it's even Wink)

OFR, dude.  Look at you!  Nice PR, in hot conditions.  You nailed it.  However, I am mightily angry at the RD though for depriving you of your hardware and podium moment.  Where do I lodge my complaint?  That's some BS.

Bread (you may never see this, but regardless) hot damn, nice 50K.  PR is always fun, but a CR too?!?!?  Way to double down!

And from another dailies, but I can't remember which one, Bert mentioned that the 235 HR monitor wasn't great, so not worth it.  I got the 230 back in February or around there, and have been second guessing this decision for months... did I cheap out when I should have sprung for the nicer one?  Apparently no, I made a good decision.  Thanks for the review.