Beginners and Beyond

More of the Same MonDAILIES (Read 39 times)

No more marathons

Stretching, foam rolling, massages, chiropractors, core work and the need for those things is purely individualistic and cannot be compared in a broad sense. At this point in our running lives, most of us know what we need to be doing. Which usually has nothing to do with what someone else is doing...or isn't doing, as it were. Smile

Yeah, we know what we need to do, but do we do it?

In my case, nope, nope, nope, well maybe once in a blue moon.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

4 miles before work.  5 miles at lunch.  3-4 planned for after work.

My legs would simple quit working.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Good thing I have that dinner because I would be on the TM running a couple of miles.  Which is stupid, but I am not really that sore.  Courtesy of not giving a fuck and walking the uphills.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Bought me one of these on amazon today - http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Jumpers-Knee-Strap-RED/dp/B000UKR274?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

A Knee strap, it's got some great reviews so I am hoping it will help my knee issue which usually eases up after a mile or 2 depending on the day before.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Pillow update: I decided to give the memory foam pillow a try since the reviews for down filled ones from the hotel were all over the place. I am primarily a side sleeper, and found the side sleeper pillow to be heaven when I slept on my side. But apparently I sleep on my back enough that I hurt my damn neck on it. I have since found an all position memory foam pillow and am looking forward to more heaven!

Docket_Rocket

Pillow update: I decided to give the memory foam pillow a try since the reviews for down filled ones from the hotel were all over the place. I am primarily a side sleeper, and found the side sleeper pillow to be heaven when I slept on my side. But apparently I sleep on my back enough that I hurt my damn neck on it. I have since found an all position memory foam pillow and am looking forward to more heaven!

Memory foam pillows for the win!  And you won't kill ducks with it!

We even have a memory foam mattress.  We like it.  The cats love it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Memory foam pillows for the win!  And you won't kill ducks with it!

We even have a memory foam mattress.  We like it.  The cats love it.

+1. I love mine. We do not have the full memory foam mattress, because we have not won the Powerball yet, but we have a memory foam topper on our conventional mattress.

Dave

Cyberic

Bought me one of these on amazon today - http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Jumpers-Knee-Strap-RED/dp/B000UKR274?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

A Knee strap, it's got some great reviews so I am hoping it will help my knee issue which usually eases up after a mile or 2 depending on the day before.

Hmmm, never seen one of those. Hopefully it works for you.

Cyberic

The woman has a couple of hundreds of dollars on trying to find the correct pillow for herself. Actually, she only bought two prettu expensive ones. A memory foam one, and a down (duck I think) pillow which is about 18 inches thick, until you put your head on it.

She's back to using a cheap pillow 

So I tried them both, because it kinda itched me to put those pillows in a closet. I prefered the memory foam. So I'm using that one and like it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Total body strength training DVD and a really short run. The sky was turning colors that said get your ass home, so I did.

Still Bluesky, nice races.

Mr MattM, . Are you expecting lousy weather this week at some point so trying to get runs in when you can?

We got a memory foam topper when we got a new mattress in October. Mainly because after sleeping on a mush bed that should've been replaced a few years ago, the new mattress felt too hard. 

workinprogress11

10 miles total.  I had to break it up strangely due to weirdo work hour requirements today.  2 in the morning, 5 around 6pm and 3 at 11:30pm on the hotel treadmill.

Half Crazy K 2.0

2 people ran triples yesterday! Go Mr MattM and workinprogress!

Cyberic

2 people ran triples yesterday! Go Mr MattM and workinprogress!