Beginners and Beyond

Really fucking long Sugarloaf Marathon race report (Read 40 times)

Zelanie

So glad you were able to get revenge.  You earned that BQ with TWO cycles of awesome training!  Way to hang in there even when math and marathon brain weren't being helpful.

From the Internet.

It should be noted that this RR does not qualify as "long", let alone "really f'in long."  We've seen RR's where the pre-game was as long as this entire thing.

Shh, it's long when you generally have the attention span of a fruit fly! :P

Thanks guys! Big grin I am happy, enjoying the heck out of recovery, maybe going to try a jog tomorrow morning. Monday my quads were wrecked. I feel better today.

Boon, it looks like we would have been safe every year except 2016. Fingers crossed that 2018 isn't some kind of crazy anomaly!

From the Internet.

So glad you were able to get revenge.  You earned that BQ with TWO cycles of awesome training!  Way to hang in there even when math and marathon brain weren't being helpful.

Thanks! Big grin Marathon brain is so weird. When I started to get pouty about my bad/faulty math I remembered at the end of Baystate when I thought 3:45 was totally out of reach, but I think I would have had it if I had a little fight left in me. I didn't let the fight die this time!

Zelanie

I was sure in the teens of CIM that a negative split was totally out of reach, but I was doing fine.  But I was so sure it was gone that it didn't leave me a lot of fight left for the 20s.  Glad you held strong!  It's so much harder to do in reality then it seems like it should be.