Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES; Get out and sweat (Read 34 times)

onemile

Yeah, I've had almost chronic ITBS in the other knee (I think I wrote an ode to my ITBS at some point on RA lol) but I've never had it in this knee.  Acting completely the same though.   It's so frustrating.

I had it for like a whole year. I think graston helped the most. I did all of the strengthening stuff but it never seemed to make a difference. Although I thought maybe planks helped.

No more marathons

What are you listening to?

My current audio book is about Charles Manson

heartbreak hotel by jonathan kellerman - entertaining but forgettable police fiction.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Support insoles helped for me while I strengthened my hips and core. For a while there, I couldn't run without them.

No more marathons

heartbreak hotel by jonathan kellerman - entertaining but forgettable police fiction.

I usually have three books going at a time.

one on my ipod for running/walking/mowing the lawn

one on another ipod that's hooked up in my car

one on a kindle that I actually read at bedtime or while lazing away a Saturday afternoon.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Hip Redux

I had it for like a whole year. I think graston helped the most. I did all of the strengthening stuff but it never seemed to make a difference. Although I thought maybe planks helped.

PT showed me how to do graston and some other ART/fascia stuff on my own.  I agree, that helps the most.   Really painful to do on your own though lol

LRB - also put my insoles back in my daily shoes.  I haven't worn them in forever, but figure it can't hurt.

Docket_Rocket

So the results of my race got posted. Official time was 20:20. I ended up 3rd overall out of 204. Probably as high an OA finish as I've ever had. Which is pretty cool, although a good indicator of how pathetically slow the field was. Even better indicator - I was only 8 sec behind #2; I lost easily more than that in the wrong turn, so should've ended up in 2nd. Possibly the most telling however was the fact that the 3 finishers immediately behind me were all >50.

Nice!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nice miles, onemile!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

156 miles. My lowest since Jan 2014. It is what it is.