Beginners and Beyond

Preambulating Monday Penguins (Read 19 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Morning Penguins!

Gave the feet a brake this morning, did 15 on the bike. Gym tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  RD, XT or something recoverywise tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

obiebyke

Good morning PAD and Damaris! Back to running today, although weather might push me inside or to laziness. 30 minutes planned. Nice easy one coming back from my HM.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!! I got my walks in on Friday, Saturday, and this morning. And this morning it was nice and cool!! Now I'm scrambling to get stuff done before we head out to WA on Friday -- need to cancel the car rental, because our in-laws are letting us borrow their Camry. Need to get things run and analyzed before I have to shut down the instruments on Wednesday. Need to get my reimbursement papers in for my trip a few weeks ago. And the IT guys just picked up my printer because it apparently has a dead motor, or something like that. Woo-hoo!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your biking, and enjoy the gym!!

Docket -- have a good recovery something!!

obie -- have a good after-half 30!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

5 easy miles are done and the streak is alive at 38 days. It's not like I'm trying to keep a streak, it just happened.

obie: Nice RR.

Zelanie

Hey guys.  I ran my speed workout today because tomorrow I have an early bus to catch, plus I want to build in as much time between the speed session and Sunday's HM.  It went pretty well- 4 x 1200m with 400m recoveries.  I'm almost at the top distance for the speed sessions- the longest you have to run at that pace is 1 mile.  So I'm pretty sure I can do it!  Then once the speed part of the plan is done, you slow way down for the "strength" workouts, but double the total distance you run. And from then on out, it looks more like marathon training.

PAD- Hope the feet are feeling better with some rest!

D- Enjoy the recovery!

obie- I hope you have a good post- HM run!  Once I've gone out running once after a race, I can really relax and feel like it was a successful run AND recovery!

HsM- Have a great trip to Washington!

Jack- Great running!

Singer who runs a smidge

Geez, the way my day is now going, I want to dig a hole and pull it in after me!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Geez, the way my day is now going, I want to dig a hole and pull it in after me!

It's Monday.  What did you expect?  Hope it improves!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I expected salsa on my rice and bean burrito, I expected that when I told a professor "I will not get this done this week" she would believe me, and I expected that since I processed my samples exactly according to protocol, they would work without making me get out the metaphorical whacking stick.

Clearly I am just that naive.

SheCan

Good morning and afternoon friends!

PAD-- changing up things occasionally is probably a good thing for your feet and legs.  WTG on the biking!

Docket--  hey you!  Enjoy your cross training tonight.

Obie-- great RR and congratulations on the race!   How are your legs feeling today?

HsM--- sounds like you're going to be running, and running until you start your vacation!   Glad you're able to get your walks in.  Your legs are fine with only walking right?

Jack-- wooohoooo that's quite a streak!  As long as you're feeling fine, it shouldn't hurt.  What's up next on your race schedule?

Zelanie---- oh, I didn't realize you had a HM coming up this weekend.  How super fun is that that you get to do a HM in Costa Rica while you're there.

We've really had some nice cooler weather for running.  Saturday I did 5, and today I got in 6-1/2.  Both days it was really overcast, and that has made such a difference.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy, busy Monday at work coming off of a 3-day weekend!

Busy - but fun too - running weekend, did 3 races over the 4th of July weekend

Popsicle 4-Miler on 4th of July:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/3a8ffbf2c3854b60b11ba043d9a66fe5/resume#focus

Veteran's Victory Run 5K on July 5:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/884a1d3c369b43c4bc3d4c6c25a50e45#focus

Free-Da's Run For The Arts 5K on July 6:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/0b217c3215654c30bd96b1b10da90da0#focus

Today is a rest day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

We've really had some nice cooler weather for running.  Saturday I did 5, and today I got in 6-1/2.  Both days it was really overcast, and that has made such a difference.

Clearly!!  So far you have posted the most miles of anyone on our team this week! 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Pengs.  RD #2 for us.  Figure we deserve 2 days after Saturday's LR (not to mention the 70DP).  Went to the health club instead, and spent more time on my quads to try to fix the PFS.  It is now Miller time on the deck.

Congrats on the trifecta, Scotty.

Baconista, if you haven't had a beer in a long time, I'd say have an amber or lager with alcohol around 5% or less.  Stay away from the stouts and porters or anything that has "double" in the name.

Hope your day got better HsM.

I think we should all enter the Costa Rica HM with Zel.

Docket_Rocket

What is nice weather?

Damaris

Fundraising Page