Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

B-Plus

My garmin 220 has no issues finding signal, it only acts up if it needs updating, still so happy I purchased it 

I've had mine for a little over a week and it's pretty sweet.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FE = ??

I'll let your imagination run with that 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

When I used my garmin, I would turn it on and leave it on the windowsill to find a signal while I finished getting ready.   That way, I'm not standing at the end of my driveway looking like a weirdo.

My TomTom finds a signal pretty fast, so I haven't yet had to resort to the windowsill yet.

I leave mine hanging on the inside handle of the storm door. There are times I just give up waiting; rather than stand in the driveway I start walking to maybe look slightly less idiotic. A couple times I had to walk all the way to the end of the street, which is ~0.05 miles. Doesn't sound like a lot, but I am NOT going to RUN 0.05 miles and not get credit for it.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

When I used my garmin, I would turn it on and leave it on the windowsill to find a signal while I finished getting ready.   That way, I'm not standing at the end of my driveway looking like a weirdo.

My TomTom finds a signal pretty fast, so I haven't yet had to resort to the windowsill yet.

One of its best features.  It takes a while for the HR to come up but the GPS is quick.  Like 3 seconds quick!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

One of its best features.  It takes a while for the HR to come up but the GPS is quick.  Like 3 seconds quick!

Yep!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And, Indianapolis, Indiana? I heard that people are weird there...  

Well, they ARE Hosers....

Oh wait...that's HOOSIERS.... whatever the heck THAT is...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt