Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies - Cold, windy, snow. Shit. (Read 39 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.2 miles in suckass conditions.  I planned on 6, but the wind and snow/ice was stinging my face.  I got weaksauce , and didn't pass my driveway when I came back through.

We have a couple of inches on the grass, but the road is just wet.  It's headed to upper 30s today, so it won't be here too long.

Have  a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

The early storm didn't do much here in NJ, so I was able to run 7 easy miles this morning.  The later storm is now picking up and conditions are getting worse.  Very few cars out - it was nice to do a weekday morning run without traffic.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

'Morning, folks!  Our projected 10-12" of snow is now a projected 2-4" of snow.  I'm still glad I did my tempo run last night instead of today because it is windy as hell out there.  So, today is a swim and bike today.  The first part of that is done.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Winter is a huge asshole. Forecast for today, mix of shit changing to snow (5-8 inches). Tonight, more snow, 3-5 inches. Wednesday day 5-8 MORE inches. Wednesday night, one more inch for shits and giggles. So potentially celebrating spring with more snow than we've had all year. Guess my runs will be on the treadmill.

My deck this morning:

I didn't break out the ruler, but that is definitely not 8-13 inches of snow.There is a layer of sleet, so probably will hit the treadmill.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I would complain about it being 35 and windy again but at least we aren't getting snow.

LRB

I would complain about it being 35 and windy again but at least we aren't getting snow.

Ditto. Despite the fact that I wore my snowmobile gloves ffs. I just had had enough of frozen fingers.

12 miles.

The schedule called for 12-14; in the last cycle with the same plan, I went for the high end of all the ranges. Now: FTS. The 12 was enough of a push. It felt like it took forever, because it pretty much did.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Ditto. Despite the fact that I wore my snowmobile gloves ffs. I just had had enough of frozen fingers.

I wore my OR winter gloves this morning and it wasn't even freezing temps.  No shame, I tell ya.  No shame.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

12 miles.

The schedule called for 12-14; in the last cycle with the same plan, I went for the high end of all the ranges. Now: FTS. The 12 was enough of a push. It felt like it took forever, because it pretty much did.

I was looking at the Pfitz plans again and I don't know how you managed all those 14-15 milers mid-week nearly every week.

Docket_Rocket

I was looking at the Pfitz plans again and I don't know how you managed all those 14-15 milers mid-week nearly every week.

And super early in the morning!  I would understand better after work by pushing dinner back but in the morning by waking up earlier and earlier?  No, thanks. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I had a PT appointment for a problem I'm having with my kneecap mis-tracking and that kind of ate into my lunch "hour" running time 

bluerun

Super B****

I had a snow day, so I ran 10K on the AlterG and then went climbing instead of work, which is fantastic and made me late for my appointment where I was supposed to get my knee injection but apparently three weeks is not enough time for my insurance to approve it, so I got another Traumeel injection instead.  I'm not sure that's actually DOING anything, but at least, unlike cortisone, it won't make my bones fall apart more than they already are.

And I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF WINTER.  The end.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

And super early in the morning!  I would understand better after work by pushing dinner back but in the morning by waking up earlier and earlier?  No, thanks. Smile

Yeah I don't know either, hard to imagine another 2-3 miles today. (Plus there's one week in Pfitz that has 13 on Tuesday and 15 on Wednesday. Which seems like it should be a typo.) And to get 15 in is a 3:45 wakeup, if I want to get to work on time. My biggest issue though is that the gym doesn't open till 5. I could theoretically leave my stuff in the car and start my run before then, but I most certainly do not want to start my run without going to the bathroom first.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lower body strength training/plyo DVD this morning. Then cross training aka pushing heavy ass snow off the driveway and deck. 7 on the treadmill this afternoon with 8 x 5 minute intervals at some sort of faster pace. Garmin says around HM. People were using wine bottles to show how deep the snow is. In places about 30-45 minutes northwest, you could only see the very top of the bottle. Not the case here: