Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES Offering $100.00 To All Members - Inquire Within (Read 302 times)

@runjerseygirl

You are an enabling bad influence.

He gets away with it because he's charming.

Do you even run?

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm weenie-ing it out and heading to the gym. Think I'll do a tempo run to make it fun. Ish.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Truth.

He gets away with it because he's charming.

LRB

Zelanie

This taking it easy early in the week thing is paying dividends.  Went out for 7 and ended up with 8.25.

Ghettopops

Heidi, sorry to hear about the knee. I have issues that I am refusing to deal with and running through them Sad.

Did a 7 mile jog and then picked up daughter and jogged 4 more with her. We are running a 10k New Years morning.

LRB

There are four bottles of wine in this bad boy...

Imma bout to see how many of 'em I can drank!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

9 miles done on the TM this morning - 4 easy, 4 moderate, 1 MP. My streak is up to 31 days, a full month of running. Despite the run, this morning was a disaster. I used the new snow blower, which was great....until I plowed over the electric wire for the Christmas lights. Ughh! I also did my third day of Christmas, this time with my dad. I'm spent! Hopefully I can catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

The slide board is one of the exercises that I do during every PT session:

Oddly, it was very awkward the first day I tried it, but my hips have since gotten used to the movement and I am ready to try it on the longer board.

There was a time when this exercise would have given my no problem, but not playing baseball for 7 years has had an effect on my lateral hip strength and fluidity.

I also "run" sideways on the treadmill, among other things.  For those of you not doing any side to side movements, I suggest you include a few before you end up like me.

@runjerseygirl

I used to do these when I played hockey.  Best way to improve skating performance without actually being on the ice.

The slide board is one of the exercises that I do during every PT session:

Oddly, it was very awkward the first day I tried it, but my hips have since gotten used to the movement and I am ready to try it on the longer board.

There was a time when this exercise would have given my no problem, but not playing baseball for 7 years has had an effect on my lateral hip strength and fluidity.

I also "run" sideways on the treadmill, among other things.  For those of you not doing any side to side movements, I suggest you include a few before you end up like me.

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

LTB what is your injury?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

I used to do these when I played hockey.  Best way to improve skating performance without actually being on the ice.

You played ice hockey?  That's impressive!

Here is that which I must master:

@runjerseygirl

You played ice hockey?  That's impressive!

Here is that which I must master:

Yes sir.  Varsity team all 4 years in HS, starting goalie for 2.  I'll have to see if I can dig up a few pics.

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

For those of you not doing any side to side movements, I suggest you include a few before you end up like me.

I did plenty of "side to side" movements at my nephew's wedding last month! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

LTB what is your injury?

I don't have an injury per se, I have a muscle imbalance in my glutes, adductors and abductors.  That imbalance is the root cause of intermittent hip pain on my right side.