Beginners and Beyond

Simply Thursdailies (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OMG, Endurance Day today (which I love) but it was HARD!  I wanted some extra miles with hubby but all I could do was finish 5 total for the day and ice my knee because it ended up a bit achy.

This was the endurance workout for the day:

TM Portion (30 minutes), ended up with 2.83 miles

1% for the whole workout, phew.

2 min push, 1 min base, 2 min push, 1 min base, 1 minute all out.

Repeat 3 times

2 min push, 1 min base, 1 min all out, 45 min base, 1 minute all out

Fall on the floor and die, lol

I use MP for Push (9:50mm) and 7:30mm for All out (thinking all out is like Mile race pace).

Floor Portion:

50 jacks with ball overhead (it was 30 but he thought that was BS)

10 squat with walks (it was 20 squats but he changed it)

30 plank jacks with step up and back

Ball side to side sitting (like side abs)

400m row all out

Repeat for 15 mins

THEN

12 High pulls on the TRX thing

He added 12 plank rows

20 each plank knee and leg lifts (I finally felt the knee stronger) on Bosu ball

12 Bosu ball back extensions

Damaris

oldfartrunner

Nice work Damaris!  Crazy!

Half Crazy K 2.0

30 minutes on the treadmill and some strength training.

I find a number of dog owners are clueless. My last dog did not get along well with others. I had to break up a fight when another dog came running across the field (same one I was on the other day when I got run at). Owner yells, he's friendly, my dog was giving every sign that she was not. Asshole owner made no attempt to hurry the fuck up as the fight ensued. Fortunately it was stopped before any damage was done, but it scared me a lot. I also had numerous encounters where people let their dog up to our fence. The fence is set back, so if their dog is on the grass, it's on my yard. My dog on 2 occasions went under the fence after rat dogs and probably could have gotten over it if she was really motivated. I had people argue when I told them she's not friendly, they wanted to say she couldn't get through the fence. Even when I told them she could, they still made no attempt to move. My dog was an English bull terrier (Target dog, Spuds MacKenzie, General Patton's dog, depending on your age), they were originally bred to hunt vermin. In her little doggie brain, she thought the rat dogs were vermin. Hard to argue that.

onemile

I find a number of dog owners are clueless. My last dog did not get along well with others. I had to break up a fight when another dog came running across the field (same one I was on the other day when I got run at). Owner yells, he's friendly, my dog was giving every sign that she was not. Asshole owner made no attempt to hurry the fuck up as the fight ensued

Ugh. I hate this. And my dogs are pretty good with other dogs, Bruno especially is very good, but when this happens (and it has a ton of times) I always yell "MY DOGS AREN'T. GET YOUR DOG!"  I don't appreciate offleash dogs running up to my leashed dogs and if the owner isn't around I will yell at the dog 'NO! GET! GO HOME" and sometimes that will stop the dog. Sometimes not.

But if you happen to have a dog-aggressive dog, it's like you can't even leave the house because people can't keep their dogs contained. It pisses me off and I have yet to have a dog-aggressive dog.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ugh. I hate this. And my dogs are pretty good with other dogs, Bruno especially is very good, but when this happens (and it has a ton of times) I always yell "MY DOGS AREN'T. GET YOUR DOG!"  I don't appreciate offleash dogs running up to my leashed dogs and if the owner isn't around I will yell at the dog 'NO! GET! GO HOME" and sometimes that will stop the dog. Sometimes not.

But if you happen to have a dog-aggressive dog, it's like you can't even leave the house because people can't keep their dogs contained. It pisses me off and I have yet to have a dog-aggressive dog.

Yea, mine was mostly protective of her yard. She actually was totally fine around other dogs at the vet's office. I honestly think the other dog that ran at us was the cause of the fight.

It didn't help that I have neighbors who felt their rat dogs deserved free run of the neighborhood. I would put my dog on a leash when I first took her into our fenced back yard because I never knew if the little shits would be wandering. Well, that and it gave the rabbits a chance to scatter from the yard.