Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins pass inspection! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Cause, you know, DH got my car inspected this morning.  Now I am totally legal, with up-to-date tags, inspection, and everything.  Except for that pesky ticket hanging over my head.

I made some soap with citronella oil this morning, in hopes that it'll cut down on my super-high tendency to get mosqito-bitten.  It's not my favorite fragrance, but if it works, I'll suffer stinkiness!

Might go for a bike ride after work.  I'm still struggling for biking competency.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hsm - congrats on the fully inspected car. The only nice thing about buying a new car in nj is that it doesn't have to be inspected for 5 years. I wanted a used/certified ore owned car but hubby really wanted a brand new one. I decided to pick my battles and wound up with a new car even though it is a facepunch worthy financial decision.  Tongue I think I'm one of the few people that would complain about a new car but I grew up poor so it just seems like a waste of hard earned money to me.

Today I've been scrubbing lots of things in the house. We're having a BBQ this weekend so I've got lots of prep work to do. I think we're having about 20 people over which is exciting. We almost never did that when we lived in our tiny NYC apartment. The only real problem with scrubbing is that bending over is pretty much impossible at this point so it means a lot of squatting or time on my knees. Tongue maybe if the weather clears up later I'll try for a long dog waddle.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

LRB

They don't inspect autos in Michigan but back in the 80s you had to get the emissions tested before they would renew your plates (or give you new plates), which was a joke because if you knew the mechanic, you could pass. They doubled down on the stupidity because vehicles that were five years old and older ( or whatever it was) were exempt. What?

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, now that IS funny!! 

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - I hope the bike ride went well.  Do you have any good bike paths near you? This part of PA is not very bike friendly, between steep hills and no bike lines except on the highways.

Jill - I hope your barbeque goes well. Is there an occasion, or just for celebrating spring?

I did a hard 7 miles this afternoon. Between tired legs from yesterday's run and allergies that made breathing difficult, it was a struggle the whole way.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

HopesMom - I hope the bike ride went well.  Do you have any good bike paths near you? This part of PA is not very bike friendly, between steep hills and no bike lines except on the highways.

Jill - I hope your barbeque goes well. Is there an occasion, or just for celebrating spring?

I did a hard 7 miles this afternoon. Between tired legs from yesterday's run and allergies that made breathing difficult, it was a struggle the whole way.

To see all of my friends again before the baby comes. We just bought a house outside of the city in September so we've gone from seeing our friends a few times a month to much less frequently than that. It isn't really a baby shower because we won't do any of the silly baby shower activities. We did ask everyone to bring a book for the baby, but no other real gifts since DH and I are a bit older for first time parents and can afford all of the baby stuff on our own.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)