Beginners and Beyond

2015 Goofy Challenge RR (Read 86 times)

Docket_Rocket

I'm glad that you had such a good race and looking forward to Paris and 2015 in general for you. Smile

Did they take you past any of the places that I got lost in?  I got lost on the golf course, then ran the wrong way down Buena Vista Drive, if I remember correctly.  I had been looking for Epcot, but couldn't find it with all of the construction.

I don't remember going through those places but I remember looking at your map and noticing it was familiar, so maybe?

Thanks, guys!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Zel, you were not near the World Drive and the Marathon race course when you got lost, you were closer to Dntwn Disney and Saratoga.  There is a way to get to the MK from Saratoga on a run, but its kind of far and along lots of 2 lane roads with no shoulder.  Disney is unfortunately not a runner/pedestrian friendly location.

Brilliant, the best way for a WDW race is to stay on property.  One can rent DVC points and stay in a really nice room for an amount equal to what off property hotel rooms run, but not at a budget level.  Think $100 per night or so (weeknights).  One can walk from Old Key West to the start line in about 15 min.  That is where I stay, but I used the shuttle bus as I wanted to take in the whole pre-race vibe at the village.