Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #246 (Read 27 times)

Docket_Rocket

Miraculously, my TM didn't die on my mile intervals. I tried the new Nike Alphafly and frankly, I don't see myself breaking 2 hours on the marathon any time soon, lol.

For the HM: 2 miles @ 9:22mm

For the 10K: 1 mile @ 8:57mm

For the 5K: 1 mile @ 8:34mm

Coach gave me 3 minute recoveries in between but since that's hard to gauge on the TM (distance-wise) I did 1/4 mile instead, which to me is around 2:55-2:58.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Meanwhile, Space Coast sent it's instructions on how they are going to held the race with 5000 runners. Not sure how since the first 9 miles of the marathon are clogged as fuck with one lane on each side full of runners coming and going. I am sure Baboon does not experience this because he is ahead of everybody else but I did every year. And it's a recipe for disaster.

It's in Florida, the virus does not exist.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, I forgot. It's a hoax down there.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Right?
          The good news from a personal standpoint is that the governor issued an order to allow visitors at nursing homes. Details are not clear yet, but my mom hasn’t been able to see or speak to my dad other than through a window and on a phone in 4 months.

Dave

delicate flower

Damn, Dwayne Johnson and his entire family got the China Flu.

<3

Damn, Dwayne Johnson and his entire family got the China Flu.

And Tom Seaver, RIP.

Dave

delicate flower

I am sure Baboon does not experience this because he is ahead of everybody else but I did every year. And it's a recipe for disaster.

I am basically alone until the turnaround at mile 19, and then I spend the last eight miles passing half marathoners.  Lots, and I mean lots of people to pass. Hundreds upon hundreds of them.  There is no way I would run that race this year.

<3

delicate flower

And Tom Seaver, RIP.

Damn, I hadn't heard that one.

<3

Cyberic

Miraculously, my TM didn't die on my mile intervals. I tried the new Nike Alphafly and frankly, I don't see myself breaking 2 hours on the marathon any time soon, lol.

For the HM: 2 miles @ 9:22mm

For the 10K: 1 mile @ 8:57mm

For the 5K: 1 mile @ 8:34mm

Coach gave me 3 minute recoveries in between but since that's hard to gauge on the TM (distance-wise) I did 1/4 mile instead, which to me is around 2:55-2:58.