Beginners and Beyond

Who is racing this weekend? Speak up already. (w/e 4/28) (Read 105 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Oh, and I'm also running the St. Luke's HM in Allentown on Sunday. Smile

If you see a bunch of people in the gymnasium on Sunday morning wearing the same shirt (I don't know what color it is yet! I'm getting mine tomorrow) with Breakfast Club Runners on it, come over and say hi - Jess (lilac_jive) and I are probably in that group. Big grin

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Aww yay!  enjoy!

Tonight both my DD's will be home,  so

We'll stay up late telling (wo)manly stories, and in the morning I'm making waffles!

Oh, and I'm also running the St. Luke's HM in Allentown on Sunday. Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Philliefan33

Okay -- the matching shirts should make it simple.  The only piece of clothing that I am sure of at this point is my white hat -- same one as in my avi.  That little hat has been with me from the beginning.Smile

If you see a bunch of people in the gymnasium on Sunday morning wearing the same shirt (I don't know what color it is yet! I'm getting mine tomorrow) with Breakfast Club Runners on it, come over and say hi - Jess (lilac_jive) and I are probably in that group. Big grin

YAYpril - B-Plus

Okay -- the matching shirts should make it simple.  The only piece of clothing that I am sure of at this point is my white hat -- same one as in my avi.  That little hat has been with me from the beginning.Smile

Oh! I'll also be wearing my RW Hat Trick hat. Also in my avatar. Big grin

HobbitLegs

elevenses

I'm running the Country Music Half in Nashville tomorrow. No time goals in mind. (My first half so any time is an auto PR Big grin) I'm running it with several friends and the goal is to have fun. Looks like its going to be rather rainy. That will make things interesting. Best of luck to all the other racers!

workinprogress11

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Got my shirt this morning. It's goldenrod!

Docket_Rocket

What the fuck is goldenrod, pray tell? Joking

Got my shirt this morning. It's goldenrod!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Orangier than yellow but not orange!

Dad on the run.

I raced today and set a new PR! RR should be up tonight Wink

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

I raced today and set a new PR! RR should be up tonight Wink

Well, I did my 5K and without albuterol and it went great.  RR is already posted because I'm not lazy like Tomas.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

http://images.myperfectcolor.com/repositories/images/colors/MPC00068352-2.jpg

Dad on the run.

I would do my RR now but I have to get the pics from my mom and my friend, had 2 photographers today! oh yea!

Congrats!

Well, I did my 5K and without albuterol and it went great.  RR is already posted because I'm not lazy like Tomas.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

No idea why I called you Tomas!!!! You're forgiven!Big grin

I would do my RR now but I have to get the pics from my mom and my friend, had 2 photographers today! oh yea!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

RSX

I'm doing my first ever race report!! I ran at my friend's elementary school 5k where she teaches. It was their first year and they had a great turnout. I loved the course, and the only downside was that they didn't use chips. I ran it in 23:40 which is my fastest race in years so I was psyched about that, plus finished in the top 10% which also hasn't happened for a while.

Another nice thing about the elemenatary kids is that they had them line up on the left (they had divided sides). Some were trying to line up in front of the faster people, and they made a point of keeping them off to the side so none of them could get hurt. The weather was just perfect for a race also. 1 interesting thing was that runners usually leave bags with a jacket etc. for later, but the police made sure they knew who these folks were which is probably part of the April 15th aftermath.