Beginners and Beyond

Thirsty Thursday Penguins (Read 21 times)

PADRunner

Can't decide what is worse.

77 degrees 80% humidity 70 DP - morning

96 degrees 28% humidity 58 DP - evening

Swim or bake...

The heat feels worst but I think the humidity makes the run worse.

I'd just melt in Miami.

Zelanie

Scotty, lucky for me they did all those tests a couple weeks ago. I think running the marathon was the easier part of that week. 

Today's follow up was pretty simple since I'm feeling pretty well. Some labs came back that showed systemic yeast. I took an antibiotic about a year and a half ago, and actually all of my issues have been much more severe since then. So they are treating that, then I'll just see how I'm feeling and follow up if needed.

Note to self- stay AWAY from antibiotics if at all possible!

hog4life

Scotty, lucky for me they did all those tests a couple weeks ago. I think running the marathon was the easier part of that week. 

Today's follow up was pretty simple since I'm feeling pretty well. Some labs came back that showed systemic yeast. I took an antibiotic about a year and a half ago, and actually all of my issues have been much more severe since then. So they are treating that, then I'll just see how I'm feeling and follow up if needed.

Note to self- stay AWAY from antibiotics if at all possible!

Zel, the antibiotics is what caused my FIL's C.diff

Docket_Rocket

Can't decide what is worse.

77 degrees 80% humidity 70 DP - morning

96 degrees 28% humidity 58 DP - evening

Swim or bake...

The heat feels worst but I think the humidity makes the run worse.

I'd just melt in Miami.

The one with the higher DP is worse for cooling down.  The other one is hot but drier, so your body will be able to cool itself down.  In the other one it would not be able to cool down much.

I would not run in 96F even with that DP, though. I would hit the TM (but my lungs are weird).  70DP feels dry to me (we are at above 74DP now soon 77DP) so I would run in that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page