Beginners and Beyond

It's a couple of firsts happy new years DAILIES... (Read 273 times)

Ball of Fury

Happy New Year everyone!  I am happy to say my first run of 2013 was fantastic!  I did 8 @ 9:29/mile and before you guys yell at me for running too fast, it was a super, super easy run.  Seriously, it was just one of those days where you feel like you are giving very little effort.  My splits were within 3-4 seconds of one another for every mile and the effort was very even.  I even sang out loud a few times (surely people thought I was nuts) to be sure I was breathing easily...and I was!  No ITB trouble or ankle pain either (still going to see the chiro tomorrow though).  So, at least for today, my taper madness is satisfied and I feel better about things.  Hope everyone is having a fantastic New Year!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Happy New Year!!!1one

Didn't run today because, boy, WAYYY too much consumption last night.. and that was after only a few total hours of sleep the previous 2 nights working on our basement.  I'm feeling okay now just fatigued.  I'm looking forward to a kickass 2013.  The total miles for 2012 was 1,342.

AmiK, awesome run!

Docket_Rocket

Hey, guys.  Two pages while I was busy?  Sheesh!  Love it.

Heidi, I'm glad your run went well.

Lily, 2lbs on you will look like 0.00000000000001 pounds on your awesome abs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Shakedown Street

Happy, healthy, injury-free new year to all!

simple dinner at a friends house last night...watched lsu game.

slept late

6 miles with 8x20 sec@7mm...

...i hate running in this cold ass wet weather we have been having....

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

B-Plus

Ami - Great run!!

My run started out annoyingly with all the swerving and stopping I had to do for the resolutioners, polar bear swimmers, and bird watchers. But good for them for getting out there.

11.3 miles @ 8:06.

Back to work tomorrow. Bleh.

runmomto3boys

Thanks! Have you been stalking my log? :creepy: I've actually been running all time high mileage, and I'm feeling great. I'm going to be mapping out my spring racing plans in the next few days.

Btw, yesterday I noticed you're friends with Don on Facebook. He paced me through 9 miles of my half PR in Seattle. If you look hard enough, you might be able to find an interesting picture of both of us at the Boston 2010 finish area.

Maybe.  In a non-creepy way...swear.  No, you goose, I see what you post on here and your running has been ridic, but now I'm going  to log stalk b/c you brought it up.  I am friends w/Don - we are in a marathoner's group on FB.  That guys is pure, 100% BEAST.  I've never seen anyone run like that in real life.  He burned off 5400 freaking miles+ in 2012?  HOLY CRAP.  I might have to pic stalk now to find this perhaps incriminating shot...

Cris: Awesome job getting up to 31 minutes of running total.  Progress!  Yay!

Phil: That is a lot of show shoeing!  My $ is on you being sore as all get out tomorrow...the satisfying kind of sore, though.

Scrape: Nice job on the 16+ and at a crazy fast clip, to boot - but burritos for breakfast : puke :.  How are you feeling?  You are getting your mileage back up there.  Hip OK?

CrisRuns

Thank you, runmom. How is your leg feeling?

runmomto3boys

Thank you, runmom. How is your leg feeling?

Better, thanks!  After my last two longer runs - the 10.8 + 17 milers - I was limping the rest of the day and in A LOT of pain post-run.  I feel about 99% right now - just a hair of something going on w/the knee, but no pain (and I felt that way since my run).  I've been heating and did my hip/leg/core exercises - all of which really seem to help.  I think that is a sign things are going in the right direction.  I'll see when I try to run tomorrow!

B-Plus

Maybe.  In a non-creepy way...swear.  No, you goose, I see what you post on here and your running has been ridic, but now I'm going  to log stalk b/c you brought it up.  I am friends w/Don - we are in a marathoner's group on FB.  That guys is pure, 100% BEAST.  I've never seen anyone run like that in real life.  He burned off 5400 freaking miles+ in 2012?  HOLY CRAP.  I might have to pic stalk now to find this perhaps incriminating shot...

No worries, I stalk your log all the time - someone needs to hold you accountable Joking Don is the beastliest runner I have ever met. I hope he remembers that I knew him before he broke 3:00.

CrisRuns

Better, thanks!  After my last two longer runs - the 10.8 + 17 milers - I was limping the rest of the day and in A LOT of pain post-run.  I feel about 99% right now - just a hair of something going on w/the knee, but no pain (and I felt that way since my run).  I've been heating and did my hip/leg/core exercises - all of which really seem to help.  I think that is a sign things are going in the right direction.  I'll see when I try to run tomorrow!

Good luck tomorrow! But can't you try, say, a 3 miler? ;-)

runmomto3boys

I'll take what I can get - if it's 3, I am happy with that at this point!

B-Plus: stalk away...that log is pretty sad right now...hoping to change that soon!!  Ha!  Yes, he is an animal.  I'm still going to have to hunt down that shot...

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Uhhhh....no, she can't. She can cut one short at 3, but she eats 3 miles for breakfast while knitting a sweater.

B-Plus

I'll take what I can get - if it's 3, I am happy with that at this point!

B-Plus: stalk away...that log is pretty sad right now...hoping to change that soon!!  Ha!  Yes, he is an animal.  I'm still going to have to hunt down that shot...

It's just him collapsed at the finish line and me in my own little world in the background, not realizing anything. I really shouldn't draw attention to it more than 2 years later.

3.25 with a slight hangover..

Have to start posting more in the Dailies, i never did on RWOL, i seem to be missing out on alot of fun.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

OK, so I have put together a rough draft of my 10 week plan leading up to the Gate River Run 15K on March 9th. I basically have adapted something on the order of Higdon's intermediate HM plan to match the 9.3 mile distance instead of 13.1. Still achieve double digits 5 times out of the 9 weeks prior to the race. I have to identify when I'll be doing interval work and when I will be attacking hills, but the primary thing is that I've got the miles laid out to match my work schedule.

Might run a 5K in February, but that isn't necessarily going to happen.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54