Beginners and Beyond

Early Morning Tuesday Penguins (Read 23 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.3 way early miles for me.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I'm glad I saw your post before I headed out today.  I decided to leave my headphones at home and just listen to the birds chirping and the bugs humming. (why yes it's sort of springtime in SoCal).  5.7 done.

It is refreshing when you get used to no music. At this point in my running career headphones just overwhelm me when I am running and I lose a sense of attachment to what I am doing.

At my pace I'm mostly alone except when I'm being lapped (by sly)...

Just doing my damnedest to keep up with the other John!  I dig the mixed group workouts. Always seeing other runners, different speeds, places in the course and direction.

One of my friends got me cresting one of the hills at last Sunday's Super Bowl 7K.....yeah, I don't exactly have what you call 'good running form', lol...but I get where I want to go.

Your form is amazing, especially compared to the fellow in front. Upright, looking ahead not down.  Good job!

Kathleen - hooky from what?  work?  don't feel guilty about using your sick days =D

AFM - about to head downstairs for 4.5 miles on the TM.  I registered for the NYCM yesterday so hopefully that helps spur me through (what seems to be) the next several weeks stuck on the TM.  I ordered the Hanson's book - it seems appealing because it caps at 16 miles and maybe seems like something I can manage?  Zel - you used Hanson's right?

In the next few months I'll work on building up my mileage a bit (hopefully to 40ish MPW) and losing some weight.  I am registered for a couple of HMs so that should help me figure out some sort of marathon goal.  Though I think finishing it and getting through training without further injury are my main goals.

Safp, Yea, hooky from work. When are your halfs? I signed up for a HM in April and just started a second round of Higdon HM training. I may have morphed it some, but I think it's pretty close to the Intermediate plan. I will peak at about 30 mpw and don't expect to go beyond that mainly due to lack of time.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K