Beginners and Beyond

New Year New Penguin Weekend (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Got back outside today after 4 days on the track. It was a nice and sunny 25*, so I was able to get DW to run outside on the streets. 3.6 at our cold weather pace, except we did have to walk through some snow for about .1m on the sidewalk of a busy street.  No other plans for the weekend, but I'll take DW out tonight since she has done so much cooking lately.  Not sure which bar to go to.

Margo, the only real person I talked into the mileage game is on your team, so be nice to Mrs.Q as she is new to RA.  She is one of our local runners here.

From the Internet.

Phillie - ooh I'll look for it! We recently got a Wegman's sorta-nearby (15 minutes away from home, but opposite direction of work for me) and it's magical. I love it.

Zelanie

Ginny- Bravo on getting the miles in!  I think my dogs were mostly scared of the skunk and relieved that they could hide behind us as we went by.  It's close to our house, and DH saw it another time, too, so we'll have to really keep an eye out.  Hope you have a good trip!

Margo- My Stitch Fix styles are exactly the same way.  I never would have tried any of the things on at the store, but they worked.

Jerry- Mrs.Q seems nice.  Hope she enjoys the game.

From the Internet.

Oops, I turned away the oil company and apparently I wasn't supposed to. Husband was talking about changing companies last spring and I remembered that, but then he opted to go with the same company again and somehow that critical information slipped my mind - it sounds familiar now, so I'm pretty sure he told me this was going to happen. Calling when their CS line opens on Monday to tell them I'm a dummy and to please come back again!

Ran 7 miles this morning, first half OK-but-not-great, second half with my calf yelling at me to stop already. Ugh. I'm not meant to run. But at the gym after the run I saw an old guy load up a ton of 5-pound plates (11 on each side!) on a bar and squat with them, so that was fun and entertaining. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought that maybe he just couldn't lift heavier plates for some reason, but he was about to start doing pull-ups when I left so that throws a wrench into my upper body/arm strength theory.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

At Midnite on New Year's Day I did the Fort Sam Houston Midnight 5K.  Then I got up later that morning and went and did the Cobweb Chaser 5K.   This morning I went again to Fort Sam and did a very easy 3.1 miles around the post in some drizzling rain and light wind.  On Sunday morning I have a Trail Run 5K. With all this rain we've been having, I imagine the trails are going to be pretty darn muddy.

Here is something funny to watch...Scottydog Runs! .  This was my finish at the Cobweb Chaser 5K on New Year's Day morning.  The company that did the results also videoed all the finishers coming in.  I am wearing a tan shirt, my black gloves and my braces. Don't I look so graceful and smooth?     Well, at least I didn't fall down, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca1XflQZYCg&feature=youtu.be&t=17m41s

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Saw the skunk again today on my run (3 days in a row outside!).  Same place, same time.  It must have a route or something.

Docket_Rocket

6 outside.  Only 78F but humid as fuck.  Ay, ay, ay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Melanie - we have a skunk in our neighborhood that we smell regularly when we walk Ben at night.  He crosses our yard about once a week and is most often down by the creek.  So far I've never seen it, though Jim saw it once.  Ben caught a skunk a couple of years ago when we were travelling. Yuck!  I don't think he learned his lesson though, because when he sees the black cat next door He always wants to go after her.  Fortunately, he is always leashed.

hog4life

I got a 5 mile run in yesterday evening and it felt good. My Achilles didn't hurt at all, which is a woohoo!. I don't want to push my luck just yet, but maybe I can start by getting in 2 or 3 easy runs per week.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I got a 5 mile run in yesterday evening and it felt good. My Achilles didn't hurt at all, which is a woohoo!. I don't want to push my luck just yet, but maybe I can start by getting in 2 or 3 easy runs per week.

Good news, Mitch !!!  Definitely take it easy.

PADRunner

1.6 painful miles today.

My right knee doesn't hurt if I'm not running but after 1/4 to 1/2 mile it starts to hurt and feel weak. My left knee has been just aching on and off but doesn't feel any worse when running. So WTF, left(runners knee) right(ITBS).

I'll make an appointment tomorrow to see whats going on.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Going to head to the TM in a bit to do some mileage.  I'm unsure how much... I've been so lazy that I'm at least forcing myself to streak/run daily... my poor miles team =P

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Philliefan33

Five hilly miles this afternoon. I had to drag myself out there, but it felt good after a mile or so.

Docket_Rocket

12 with 2 X 2 at MP done.  Half outside, decided I didn't want to die in this humidity, and went back in for the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Freezing rain here, so I ran 7 on the TM.  Didn't see any skunks today. Smile