Beginners and Beyond

Don't for get the BandAids next long run Sunday Penguins (Read 41 times)

From the Internet.

GUH. My nipples hurt just thinking about chafing! D: Never an issue with a sports bra though - one of the few benefits of female anatomy and the accompanying gender-specific running gear.

Bin - great picture! Looks lovely without haze Smile

SRD for me, thinking about taking a quick nap while DD is sleeping (and by "sleeping", I mean probably hanging out and talking to her stuffed animals in her room - we enforce some period of rest time but she almost never actually sleeps, the little bugger :P ). Legs feel good, excited to run again tomorrow. I so hope this is the end of my injury troubles for a while!

Zelanie

Coralie- Hoping that your knee feels better with some rest!

Traci- I have 3 pairs of the Kinvara3's Wink  There was a good deal on them when the 4's first came out.  The citron/white were my first pair, and I also have some purple ones.  My 3rd pair is teal and white, and I haven't run in them yet.  I think they will be my present to myself when I graduate from PT.  I hope you love the 4's!  They are definitely shoes that demand attention!

tracilynn

Traci- I have 3 pairs of the Kinvara3's Wink  There was a good deal on them when the 4's first came out.  The citron/white were my first pair, and I also have some purple ones.

------------

Oh!  Just 3 pairs?  Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

Sloooow.

Traci- Just in the beginning! My oldest nursed until 28 months, my youngest is still nursing at 24 months. My youngest was very sickly as a baby, and didn't eat solid food until 16 months, she's been really dependent on nursing. I'm reaching the end of my tether though, lol. Awesome that you nursed twins! That is the only reason I would want twins, the challenge of nursing them both.

Lauren- Enjoy your rest day! I wish I had enforced "rest" time when my oldest quit taking naps at 2 YEARS OLD. Argh.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got up way too late today, went to Lackland Air Force Base and did a run/walk.  When you don't start until 10 a.m. in Texas summer, it is HOT.  already 82 degrees, 83% humidity, and a dewpoint of 74.  I ended up with 3.2 miles.   This week instead of my usual 4 run/walk days I had 5 run/walk days - Tues, Wed, Thurs, Saturday, and Sunday, and three of those days were races:

Wed, 7:30 pm:  Firecracker 5K.  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/a0975498b3344264aad440583caa9116/resume#focus

Thurs: 7:30 am. - 4th of July Freedom 4-Miler.  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/81225ad1814a4a2cadb58045cd902edd/resume#focus

Sat: 8 a.m. - Free-Da's 5K Run/Walk for the Arts.  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/d5ccbec44c8b49d59e49d1b86c415842/resume#focus

I think Monday is going to be a rest day.  Probably a good thing, as I will be back to work after 5 days off, will have a lot of catching up to do, and thunderstorms are predicted that day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on the 10, Vance.  Sorry about the forgotten band-aids.  Guess I'm lucky, I never have that problem. I am one of the 10% of the male population that has what is called "inverted nipples."  Lucky me.  Roll eyes  Joking

Enjoy your RDs, Mitch.  Good luck with the night shifts!

Good luck with your Summer Series, Dave!

Happy running at sunset, Kristin!

Congrats on the 15, Damaris, and the last 3 fast, way to go, especially with your Miami summer weather!    And, like LRB, I run in a bra, LOL Yeah, but you make up for that by going 'commando", right? Wink

enjoy your rest day, Cherie!

That sure is pretty, Bin!  You ever run across that bridge?

Nice on the 30-mile week, Zelanie!

I've had bloody nipples before, but not from running.    There has got to be a story in that, Coralie.  I think we should all have a contest, each making up an inventive story about why, and you pick the winner.  Joking  Glad about the piriformis and shins feeling better, sorry about the knee.  One damn thing after another!  That's how I feel, as I get older each year, lol, if this thing isn't bothering me, than that other thing is.

Traci, hope your new shoes work great for you!

enjoy your rest day, Lauren, and hope all your injury troubles are over and never recur again!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bin Running

Traci, I have.. Once.. A must try for all tourist..

Mel, 3 pairs of Kinvaras?! Wow...

Scotty, I did ran both bridge before.. The one nearing is a predestrian bridge which is quite mild. The one further is a vechicle bridge which is more of a good workout.. I only do it as it is part of our annual marathon route.. (FM and HM passed thru it).  The far bank is where my LR route normally take me.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Finally got my run in at sunset/dusk. BUT IT WAS STILL 88 "FEELS LIKE" 93!!! After the SUN WAS DOWN! I am OVER this heat wave uuuuggghh. Slogged through 4 miles. I won't even mention my embarrassing pace. But the breeze picked up a little towards the end and felt nice and there's a thunderstorm moving in. Got to see some pretty cool lightening out over the water and a beautiful view of the Manhattan skyline all lit up. The Freedom Tower is still red, white and blue for the 4th. I capped off another 22 mile week. That's 2 in a row Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Kristin - sounds like a lovely run, aside from the heat.

Bin - love the photo.  It is a great view when the smoke is gone.  Was today's trail run the one you found a couple of months ago?

Coralie - that's a long time to nurse.  Ouch.  Sorry your knees are aching, but it may mostly be a reaction to your high mileage.

Zelanie - hurray for getting your mileage back up.  How is the knee feeling?

Scotty - Hot, even for you.  Good for you for getting out again after all your races this weekend.

Lauren - enjoy tomorrow's run.

Vance - ouch!  I've only had chafing once so far, but it wasn't my nipples.

Mitch - hope you had a good rest day.

Dave - that sounds like a fun series.  I especially like the one where you run without watch/garmin etc.

Damaris - good job finishing your 15 so strong.

Cherie - hope you got a nap today, or at least an early night tonight.

Tracilynn - hope you got in your miles tonight.

AFm:  DH looked at the weather, and decided that Erie was the coolest place within a day's drive, so we drove there.  I've never visited this part of PA, but there's a HM in July I was considering, so I decided to go run the course for my long run.  The course runs through Presque Isle State Park, which is a narrow peninsula out in Lake Erie.  There is a flat paved bike path that runs 13.1 miles in a loop - with good views of boats out on the water, numerous sandy beaches, swampy ponds, and cool dark woods.  It's an extremely popular place, especially on a nice Sunday afternoon.  It was only about 73, though quite humid after a thunderstorm a short time before we reached Erie.  The beaches were busy, and the bike path had all sorts of runners, walkers, skaters, and bikes, of course.  Everywhere I was smelling barbeque steaks, burgers, etc.  Jim took Ben for a walk and a swim while I ran.  Because of the flat terrain, plus two days of rest, I ran much faster than I intended.  Six of the miles were under 10:10.  Of course, I paid for that by slowing down my last few miles.  I ended up run/walking the last three, but still averaged 10:32 overall.

tracilynn

I just finished my run too!  Had to wait for the sun to go down.  Did 4.5 miles with last 1/2m barefoot.  Great run!  Love the kinvara 4s.

Kristin, congrats on the 22 mile week

Gawd I smell

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Hey ginny, nice run!  Sounds like a neat place.  Running while smelling barbeque, mmmm

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

Kristin, great work for the 22miles week..

Ginny, not the same trail.. This trail required a 20min+ drive. Wouldn't have ran there if not to meet a friend.. haa.. Erie sound like a nice place to run that HM.. Looking at your log, looks like you will run a good race..

Traci, glad the Kinvaras are working for you..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar