Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Garden Weekend (Read 21 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good luck with the 10K, Zel.

Zelanie

Done!  53:28 and I'm pretty happy with how I ran.  That's the theme for this year so far is just run my best and not give up.  The wheels came off a bit in the last mile, not too bad though.  I'll try to do a RR in a bit.

PADRunner

Nice job Z!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Z!

Hi!  Ran 19 with 9 @ MP + 10%.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

D- That sounds like an incredible run- nice job!

GinnyinPA

Good job Z - I'll read the RR next.

D - How did the lungs etc. behave on the 19 miles? How do you figure the plus 10%?  Do 10 minute miles become 11 minute miles?

I wanted flat and slow,  so I did my 5 mile run on the TM today.  Most of the leg muscles finally felt pretty much normal, except for the hamstring, which hurt a lot the first mile or so, but then quieted down for most of the rest of the run.

Brilliant

Zel - nice racing!  I'll head over to your RR. Smile

D - ugh, that sounds like a tough run!  This is what makes you a badass. Big grin

Lauren, I'm so happy for you that you have been in such a running groove lately!

Ginny, it sounds like you are almost back to normal!

I ran 10.3 easy miles this morning.  (the .3 was to get me to 40 miles this week!)  The top of my foot still hurts, despite lacing my shoe so loosely that I barely have enough lace for a bow! Sad

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats, Kristin, Zel, and Jack.

(And Scotty of course)

3.5 easy recovery for me.  Just back from a beer run.  DW is so obsessed with her Fitbit, she made me push the shopping cart so she could make her 10,000 steps.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

4:02 for me and 4:08 for DW. I was happy with my time considering everything. Poor DW. The wheels fell off at mile 21 and she had a tough go of it. Now we are eating and drinking cold beer together. My kind of girl. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Good job Z - I'll read the RR next.

D - How did the lungs etc. behave on the 19 miles? How do you figure the plus 10%?  Do 10 minute miles become 11 minute miles?

I wanted flat and slow,  so I did my 5 mile run on the TM today.  Most of the leg muscles finally felt pretty much normal, except for the hamstring, which hurt a lot the first mile or so, but then quieted down for most of the rest of the run.

Yeap, 10% is basically 1mm off from MP.  So, mine today were a bit fast at 10:05-10:10 (they should be at 10:30 but I have never run that slow for these and they felt great).  I always loved these workouts because they are not as hard as an MP workout and not as boring as the LR.  Lungs behaved although still congested.  The BP meds are making me so much better, sigh.

Nice job on the 5.  Doing some TM runs until you feel 100%?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Zel - nice racing!  I'll head over to your RR. Smile

D - ugh, that sounds like a tough run!  This is what makes you a badass. Big grin

Lauren, I'm so happy for you that you have been in such a running groove lately!

Ginny, it sounds like you are almost back to normal!

I ran 10.3 easy miles this morning.  (the .3 was to get me to 40 miles this week!)  The top of my foot still hurts, despite lacing my shoe so loosely that I barely have enough lace for a bow! Sad

Ugh!  I had the same issue today so I feel you.  Hope it's a bruise or something.  Have you tried Arnica gel or tiger balm?  It helps with things like this.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hi Pens.

4:02 for me and 4:08 for DW. I was happy with my time considering everything. Poor DW. The wheels fell off at mile 21 and she had a tough go of it. Now we are eating and drinking cold beer together. My kind of girl. Smile

I am sorry about DW's race.  Did you like the running a marathon for fun experience? Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I am sorry about DW's race.  Did you like the running a marathon for fun experience? Smile

Thanks, D. Yes, the race was fun and a great experience. I want to do many more but I need to get my knee issue figured out.

Zelanie

Glad you had a good time, Jack!  I feel for DW- to come that close so many times now!  Hope you are enjoying the day!