Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins All Have Secret Talents! (Read 175 times)

kitteh

Afternoon, Penguins!

Did 5 miles @ average 11:30 pace last night and felt great. But then while lying in bed I experienced a rapid heartbeat coupled with some strange heart palpitations, almost felt like my heart was skipping a beat. Lately I've been feeling more dizzy than usual upon standing, and sometimes just out of the blue. Strangely enough, I never experience anything like this during my runs. Anyhow, I was just writing it off as normal pregnancy-related stuff caused by the increased blood volume and whatnot. But then I mentioned it to my mom who told me to call my doctor right away. So now I'm waiting to hear back from the Doctor, and waiting on heading out for what should be a 2-3 miler.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

uh oh Kittie hope everything's ok!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Kitteh, I hope it's nothing too serious......

Sloooow.

Afternoon, Penguins!

Did 5 miles @ average 11:30 pace last night and felt great. But then while lying in bed I experienced a rapid heartbeat coupled with some strange heart palpitations, almost felt like my heart was skipping a beat. Lately I've been feeling more dizzy than usual upon standing, and sometimes just out of the blue. Strangely enough, I never experience anything like this during my runs. Anyhow, I was just writing it off as normal pregnancy-related stuff caused by the increased blood volume and whatnot. But then I mentioned it to my mom who told me to call my doctor right away. So now I'm waiting to hear back from the Doctor, and waiting on heading out for what should be a 2-3 miler.

With my first pregnancy, I felt like this a lot. I had huge problems with orthostatic hypotension, I'd have to sit literally on the floor in the grocery store sometimes as I would feel so sick and dizzy I thought I would faint. Make sure you are drinking enough water, and get your iron levels checked. I get anemic every time I'm pregnant, and extra iron did help.

I've just had my inaugural run with my Garmin, I'm even slower than I thought! Can someone please give me hope that I will get quicker one day? My over-all pace was 12:28 lol. Dragged my fat self 2.65 miles today, aiming for another 2 on the treadmill tomorrow, then a 5K on Saturday. I've been stuck at 224lbs for a month now, I don't know if I should count that as a good thing though. (with Thanksgiving and Christmas).

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Coralie- Our paces aren't that different it's ok Smile you're in good company on a penguin thread for people who run slow Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Mmmmm...beer

Who wants to join me for ANOTHER rest day?  I'm streaking!

I'm in!  Two in a row for me. Smile Wife and I are enjoying a few days away from the kids and I haven't run.  I'll probably do some treadmilling tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Afternoon, Penguins!

I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to doctors, but when you're talking about your heart or a pregnancy I don't know if you can be too cautious.  I'd definitely check with the doctor.  I had a irregular heartbeat once in college and it turned out to just be too much caffeine.  Who knew?  At least we found the cause though.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

I havent posted in a few days! Sorry Penguins, I feel so bad for not keeping up with all my new friends around here!! Update on me is, I havent been able to run since Saturday, I think i am going insane because of it.  Haveing my SIL here for the last 2 weeks really cramped my style and I am terribly tired lately.  Woke up today to the winter storm of the year apparently, as we had no snow last winter at all.  And of course the brand new snowblower wouldnt start. And the warranty is up since we bought it Labor Day 2011!!  I just need some encouragement lately.  I just need to get my groove back now that SIL is gone and I have my house back! Hopefully heading out to the gym before work tomorrow, since I still havent used my new shoes yet.  Thanks for reading my ramblings and I think a glass of wine and a good night sleep are in my near future!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Zelanie

kitteh- Glad you've got a call into the Dr. and are taking care of yourself!

Coralie- I was about that pace when I first started, and I was about 50 pounds lighter!  When I was at your weight, I was training to *walk* a 5K and was feeling damn proud of myself that I could even do that.  So you're way ahead of where I was.  And staying the same weight over Thanksgiving and Christmas is always a victory in my book.

Docket_Rocket

Kitteh, hope everything is OK.  Will be thinking of you.

KristiRTT, hi!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Coralie- Our paces aren't that different it's ok Smile you're in good company on a penguin thread for people who run slow Smile

Now I'm afraid to use the new Garmin.  Still debating downsizing to FR10.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

HI guys,

I went down to Pittsburgh and brought my dad home today. He seemed okay. He got a shower and went out and snow plowed all the snow we got yesterday. So to me, that's a good sign. We are all going to his house on Sunday to re-do our Christmas day with him then.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Docket_Rocket

Good to hear, Tori!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

HI guys,

I went down to Pittsburgh and brought my dad home today. He seemed okay. He got a shower and went out and snow plowed all the snow we got yesterday. So to me, that's a good sign. We are all going to his house on Sunday to re-do our Christmas day with him then.

Good news Tori!!!

A very, very good friend of mine tried to commit suicide a few weeks ago by taking a lot of pills. She is still here, and also admits now after time in inpatient psych and a lot of counseling that she did it that way because she wanted the pain to go away (she is in both emotional and physical pain) more than she wanted to die, and it was a cry for help. Hopefully it is that way for your dad as well, and he gets the help that he needs and comes through this stronger and healthier than ever.

HI guys,

Good to hear Tori, he is in my prayers, as well as your whole family!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!