Beginners and Beyond

Baltimore Half Marathon (Read 59 times)

oldfartrunner

Nice job in the heat, crowds, and hills!   Glad you were able to run it all, and got the Cow Tails.

Good job, and I enjoyed your RR!  I've thought about doing that race, but your description of all the hills will surely put a kibosh to that!   My dad was a pharmacist and owned a drugstore during all of my childhood.  I worked there, at the candy/cigarette/ice cream/magazine counter, from the time I was about 14.  I loved cow tales, and bulls eyes.  My co-worker keeps bulls eyes in her office at all times, and is very good about sharing!  My other fave was the chunky bar.  Remember them?  I haven't seen one in forever!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nurunner, I do remember the chunky bar. I'm more a pure sugar person, which is probably why I cannot keep either Goetze's product around the house.

Nice job Half Crazy! I really enjoyed the RR

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Booyah!

Coastal, thanks. You are missing out on the caramels.

Docket, I did some important research. Any chance the caramels are called Bullseyes? Never heard it before, but that's what they were called on the Goetze's website.

Ginny, I'd be surprised if the Cow Tails aren't somewhere near you. They probably ship better than some other Baltimore specialties such as Berger cookies

Cyberic, thanks. Hope you enjoyed your beer.

Softball Guy, thanks. I actually thought conditions were better than 2014, last time I ran it. I did not adjust that day and paid dearly. Having done the half, I don't think I could do the full knowing that is the 2nd part. Is it really brutal around the zoo? Hopefully weather is nice for NCR, I'm looking forward to only needing to run down the hill from Oldfields School and not back up it.

Berger cookies are the bomb!! They weigh like 2 lbs each-- lol

The 1st 3 miles up to the zoo aren't bad cause your fresh so you don't feel it, what you feel is every little incline the 2nd half. And who put that new short steep hill @ mile 25, seriously??

I have done NCR twice, there used to be a brutal uphill at mile 26, they took that out thank goodness, it's all flat now, don't get no better than that.

PR's:

5K- 20:15 (2017)   HM- 1:39:38 (2012)    FM- 3:26:53 (2016)

Great report, now I want one of those Cow Tails, which alas, I have never seen or heard of either.  Time to hit up CircleK.  Nice race, especially with the heat.  Hope the weather cooperates for you next month!