Beginners and Beyond

Warning: Excuse making ahead (Read 92 times)

Looks like a party on Grosse Ile! My daughter and are doing the half too. I'm aiming about the same time as you Lori, although i too am in the middle of a marathon cycle and may just treat it as my 9 mile pace run. Hanson's doesn't really allow for racing and I don't think I would change my marathon pace regardless of how I did in the half, yet I have a new year's resolution to PR my races this year. What to do, what to do?

Lori, will you be in a Canadian shirt (maybe you remember I spotted you at the Detroit marathon a few years ago)?

Sad I will not be joining in the fun. Planned that as a final tune-up before my marathon 4 weeks later. Now I will not be doing the marathon, or the half, or likely even be ready for a 13.1 mile easy run by then. Or my backup half early May. Well maybe that if things get better fast.

Anyway, LRB says good things about the Rock. Oh and I raced a half on Hansons 6 weeks before Detroit last fall, and PR'd both. I won't tell the bros if you don't.

Dave

LRB

Sad I will not be joining in the fun. Planned that as a final tune-up before my marathon 4 weeks later. Now I will not be doing the marathon, or the half, or likely even be ready for a 13.1 mile easy run by then.

Damn. Sorry to hear that bro.

LRB

...although I too am in the middle of a marathon cycle and may just treat it as my 9 mile pace run.

It will be a great setting for it. Will hubby be there as well?

Sad I will not be joining in the fun. Planned that as a final tune-up before my marathon 4 weeks later. Now I will not be doing the marathon, or the half, or likely even be ready for a 13.1 mile easy run by then. Or my backup half early May. Well maybe that if things get better fast.

Anyway, LRB says good things about the Rock. Oh and I raced a half on Hansons 6 weeks before Detroit last fall, and PR'd both. I won't tell the bros if you don't.

Lol (the last part, not the injury part)

But what happened ? (Sorry I don't read the dailies if you've mentioned it there).  I have a fondness  for this race cause my daughter and I did the relay last year, in athlinks it shows up as my PR cause she kindly ran the first 7+ miles faster than I ever could. Of course trying to get a real PR faster than that may be impossible.

LRB, husband isn't running but will probably spectate. He is aiming for the martian.

But what happened ? (Sorry I don't read the dailies if you've mentioned it there).  

tl;dr version: knee.

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Looks like a party on Grosse Ile! My daughter and are doing the half too. I'm aiming about the same time as you Lori, although i too am in the middle of a marathon cycle and may just treat it as my 9 mile pace run. Hanson's doesn't really allow for racing and I don't think I would change my marathon pace regardless of how I did in the half, yet I have a new year's resolution to PR my races this year. What to do, what to do?

Lori, will you be in a Canadian shirt (maybe you remember I spotted you at the Detroit marathon a few years ago)?

Yes. I will likely be wearing my long sleeved version of the shirt in my profile. I hope to finish in the 2:15-2:20 range. Let me know what you are going to wear and I will look for you. I remember braids?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think it will be hard to pr this particular race. I registered for it before i registered for my goal marathon. This half falls smack dab in a high mile week so hopefully a small pr occurs. Or maybe a huge one If all goes well.   Smile

So bring a lawn chair and cooler and wait for me at the finish. Lol. The goal is to do better than 2:20.

Even if there is no PR, Lori, the tough race during training can tell you a lot of things about how the training is going.  Good luck!

Damaris

DaveP - sorry to hear that. Hope it heals up soon.

Yes. I will likely be wearing my long sleeved version of the shirt in my profile. I hope to finish in the 2:15-2:20 range. Let me know what you are going to wear and I will look for you. I remember braids?

Can't decided yet what I'll be wearing, but I always have a baseball type cap (yellow, Nike) and sunglasses on. Even inside, cause they're prescription. Probably one braid in back.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, it's just fun to find out other people will be there.

LRB

DaveP - sorry to hear that. Hope it heals up soon.

Can't decided yet what I'll be wearing, but I always have a baseball type cap (yellow, Nike) and sunglasses on. Even inside, cause they're prescription. Probably one braid in back.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, it's just fun to find out other people will be there.

Hijacking is encouraged.