Beginners and Beyond

Kiss My Ass FriDAILIES (Read 258 times)

@runjerseygirl

Hey look, it's a hot piece of ass!

Do you even run?

delicate flower

I just want to say that it's kind of funny sometimes how non-runners react to our runs.  During the holiday breakfast this morning, I mentioned to someone that I ran eight miles this morning ("Ran eight miles!  Have to refuel."), and I got a whole lot of "Oh my gosh!" reactions from people, like running eight miles was some sort of impressive athletic accomplishment.  I guess for the average office person it would be, but for a lot of us runners eight miles is just another day.  I was sort of taken aback by the comments and questions I was getting from people.  I just wanted to get back to my desk.  LOL      

<3

Docket_Rocket

If it lasts more than 4 hours, call a physician!

Hehe.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Off topic question:  I am getting ready to start my taper for my first marathon and would like to do a pace advice thread...where should I put it?  I know at RWOL, it went in the marathoners forum but that group seems slow over here....I just want as much advice as I can get, ya know?

And RunTom:  Literally laughed out loud in the operating room, causing several people to question my sanity!

Hmmm, maybe in the racing forums, here, the Sub-4 you're part of?  Everywhere?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hey look, it's a hot piece of ass!

"I can't feel my toes!  I don't have any toes!  I think I need a hug."

Damaris

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

I just want to say that it's kind of funny sometimes how non-runners react to our runs.  During the holiday breakfast this morning, I mentioned to someone that I ran eight miles this morning ("Ran eight miles!  Have to refuel."), and I got a whole lot of "Oh my gosh!" reactions from people, like running eight miles was some sort of impressive athletic accomplishment.  I guess for the average office person it would be, but for a lot of us runners eight miles is just another day.  I was sort of taken aback by the comments and questions I was getting from people.  I just wanted to get back to my desk.  LOL      

I get "OMG you run 3 miles on your lunch break?!?"  And I'm like "yeah, I wish I had time for more."  I guess it doesn't take much to impress non-runners.  Or for them to think we're crazy, LOL!

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

"I can't feel my toes!  I don't have any toes!  I think I need a hug."

LOL!  I love Donkey!

Do you even run?

Heh, I know.  One of my BIL's about had a heart attack once when he heard that I'd run 8 miles that morning, he went on and on about it.  Then we went and played a family soccer game-  I ran and ran and was fine, he literally collapsed on the sidelines after about 5 minutes.  I was like, "Dude.  Looks like you could stand to try a little exercise."  I realize I'm making myself sound like a jerk, but he actually got more razzing from his 5 siblings.  It was pretty funny.  The most exercise he gets is riding his snowmobile so to him the thought of running a couple of miles is quite something.    

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Ball of Fury

Damaris:  I was definitely gonna post in the 4:00 group just didn't know where else...didn't want people to be annoyed by me posting 5 different pace advice threads...lol.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

runmomto3boys

Off topic question:  I am getting ready to start my taper for my first marathon and would like to do a pace advice thread...where should I put it?  I know at RWOL, it went in the marathoners forum but that group seems slow over here....I just want as much advice as I can get, ya know?

Ilana, who gives such valuable advice, was hanging out on RA for awhile.  I'd post here and on the RW marathoner's forum just to increase your chances of getting more opinions.

April: Those cake balls look a-ma-zing!!!!  Nom nom nom!

Lily: I'm glad you earned a well deserved day off.  Enjoy your party and have a good 14 miler today!

Basya: Good luck w/the cross-training!

B-Plus: I hope the double goes well, as I am sure it will!

Phil: I know what you mean.  Everyone who knows anything about my running in real life thinks I am insane. 

^^^^  pretty ass Big grin

Ball of Fury

RMTB:  Thanks...definitely would like advice from Ilana!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

B-Plus

runmomto3boys

RMTB:  Thanks...definitely would like advice from Ilana!

You can always PM her too, Ami.  That's what I did when I needed pace advice.

seeamyrun

Good morning!

Heading out for 10ish in a minute...it's cold here by Texas standards. Two days ago I ran in 75 degrees. Today it's 30!

Ami...good luck in your marathon! I'm heading into taper next week also and was planning to solicit some pace advice.

Have a good one!

Docket_Rocket

Damaris:  I was definitely gonna post in the 4:00 group just didn't know where else...didn't want people to be annoyed by me posting 5 different pace advice threads...lol.

I wouldn't be annoyed if you do.  Each group (and forums) have different forumites, so you improve the chances of getting more responses that way.  I assume you're asking about Disney.  It's flat and I never felt too crowded, so chances of a PR are good (unless you're not used to big races).

Damaris

Fundraising Page