Beginners and Beyond

Sick ass SaturDAILIES (Read 31 times)

GinnyinPA

I ran 10.3 this afternoon in new shoes, which I didn't loosen up as much as usual. (I have very wide feet.)  I didn't notice until the end, but my feet hurt after being compressed for that long. Tomorrow's LR could be interesting. It was better than the new model Triumph I bought last year that had a strap right across my bunion.  That was agony.

Cyberic

Meanwhile - the pain on top of my other foot does seem to be shoe-dependent. It had felt more aggravated by my new Ravennas, so I took several days off them (including a run with the old Ravennas), and it was a bit better. Went back to them today, and it was worse. Of course I have been wearing Ravennas forever, but these are my first 7's. You would not think that would make a difference, but you never know. Not sure what to do.

I've had top of the foot pain that started with Adidas shoes that have a very thing tongue, Combined with arch of the foot pain, it was pretty rough training for a marathon last summer.

On my Adidas Boston 5s, I did this hack: I cut the tongues of old Asics shoes I had, and sewed them on the inside of my Adidas' tongues. It saved an otherwise perfect pair of shoes.

It took a while for the pain to go away, had to wear my shoes ultra loose (with heel slip) for a while , and I am still sensitive to tightly laced shoes.

I very recently (2 weeks ago) started lacing my shoes like the picture below and it helps a lot.

The pink laces take a lot of stress off the top of my foot 

Cyberic

I ran 10.3 this afternoon in new shoes, which I didn't loosen up as much as usual. (I have very wide feet.)  I didn't notice until the end, but my feet hurt after being compressed for that long. Tomorrow's LR could be interesting. It was better than the new model Triumph I bought last year that had a strap right across my bunion.  That was agony.

Wide forefoot

Might not work, but it's worth a try IMO.

delicate flower

I'm tired.

<3

Eric: I thought about the lacing & loosened them up (although didn't try any different techniques). But the tightness is in the toe box area, in front of the laces. Pain is around the knuckle at the base of the big toe, I don't think the lacing affects it.

I actually went to read some user reviews of the shoe, and a bunch of people complained about a narrow/tight toe box. So maybe it's not just me.

Dave