Beginners and Beyond

So Early Sundailies (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

We got to see X-Men: Apocalypse.  It was good!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

We got to see X-Men: Apocalypse.  It was good!

Right? And Quicksilver for the best scene, two movies in a row.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Right? And Quicksilver for the best scene, two movies in a row.

Oh, yes.  Love the guy! His scenes are just cool.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Don't you just yearn for the good old days when nothing would cancel a marathon. You want a marathon in June? Fine. How about we start it at noon so the runners can enjoy the summer weather? You said the forecast was sunny with highs in the 90s.? They'll love it. Why don't we throw in an up hill finish to make it more interesting? No, of course we don't put water out on the course. It'll make the runners cramp if they try to drink. - The Marathon of Champions, Holyoke, MA, June 7, 1970.  Three years earlier it was the qualifier for the Pan Am Games. I believe 10 of the top 12 pre-race favorites dropped from the heat. It was literally a race of attrition.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.