Beginners and Beyond

Back to School TuesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

Also known as real life Frogger for morning runners. #splat

Half Crazy K 2.0

Gonna be a fun commute.

onemile

I ran 9 with

1 mile 5k pace
        4 minutes rest
        3 miles HM
        4 minutes rest
        4x400m

delicate flower

'Morning.  Current status is  thanks to my early morning "power test" bike workout:

25:00 of misc stuff

5:00 all out effort

5:00 recovery

20:00 all out effort

5:00 cool down

Snot, sweat, and tears all over the place.  Lovely.  I averaged about 23 mph for the 25 hard minutes.  That is rolling.  My power is way up since December.  More power = more speed.

Swim after work.

<3

4 very slow and creaky.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

25 trainer miles, swim tonight.  I am exhausted because I went to bed way too late last night, which you'd think would mean I fell asleep right away, but hahahahahayeahright.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I ran 9 with

1 mile 5k pace
                4 minutes rest
                3 miles HM
                4 minutes rest
                4x400m

5:51 AM? No problem!

LRB

25 trainer miles, swim tonight.  I am exhausted because I went to bed way too late last night, which you'd think would mean I fell asleep right away, but hahahahahayeahright.

Nope, it'd take a lotmore than that to get some sleep, like staying woke for a week. lol

LRB

Gonna be a fun commute.

Yeah the yayholes were out in full force cutting in and out of lanes all over the place this morning on my way driving in to work.

More on my short race yesterday. On the FB page, still no standalone posts from people, but they posted a link to the results. Under that are 33 comments from people complaining about the distance. What I did not realize was this race supposedly served as the Northwest USATF Half Marathon Championship, attracting elite runners from 6 states. Not sure exactly what that means, but the top 3 OA finishers were between 1:05-1:10, pretty good even for 12.5. So yeah, some pretty pissed of folks there. Still no acknowledgement of any kind from the RD.

Dave

delicate flower

More on my short race yesterday. On the FB page, still no standalone posts from people, but they posted a link to the results. Under that are 33 comments from people complaining about the distance. What I did not realize was this race supposedly served as the Northwest USATF Half Marathon Championship, attracting elite runners from 6 states. Not sure exactly what that means, but the top 3 OA finishers were between 1:05-1:10, pretty good even for 12.5. So yeah, some pretty pissed of folks there. Still no acknowledgement of any kind from the RD.

While I am not the biggest fan of the main race company around here, I will say that they'd address something like this immediately, even if they went and blamed the runners for not knowing the course.

<3

LRB

That usually means prize money, which might explain the crickets coming from the race director. If it was a USATF sanctioned race and distance was screwed up, the results may not be recognized.

I ran such an event at the Crim in 2015. The distance was a mile and they delayed the start by 40 minutes or whatever the hell it was because the distance wasn't right. Yes, a MILE race.

onemile

5:51 AM? No problem!

I had to fly to Boston this morning, where it is currently 85 degrees. So, no choice.

LRB

I had to fly to Boston this morning, where it is currently 85 degrees. So, no choice.

Must've felt good to knock it out of the park. Well, it's pretty impressive anyway if not.

While I am not the biggest fan of the main race company around here, I will say that they'd address something like this immediately, even if they went and blamed the runners for not knowing the course.

Ha. I'd love to see that.

One of the people commenting on the FB post said they opted to run through the finish for another 0.6 miles, to get the full distance. Ok then.

Dave