Beginners and Beyond

RR - Unicorns and Rainbows. (Ok, just rain.) Boston 2015. (Read 86 times)

LRB

delicate flower

I forgot to say this, but congrats on the BQ!

<3

happylily

I forgot to say this, but congrats on the BQ!

LOL...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Still absorbing your report as I (hopefully) will be in it next year.

The angst is already building...

Damn fine race Jay.

Hello Jay,

I finished two places behind you at the Turkey Trot a couple years ago: http://www.buffalorunners.com/results/2013/tt13.htm.  I've been noticing how your times keep getting faster and faster since then.

Just curious about the two 5ks on Saturday.  Don't you feel like that harmed your performance on Monday.  Or was it that you were not concerned about a PR effort at Boston so the 5ks were just for fun?

LRB

Hello Jay,

I finished two places behind you at the Turkey Trot a couple years ago: http://www.buffalorunners.com/results/2013/tt13.htm.  I've been noticing how your times keep getting faster and faster since then.

Just curious about the two 5ks on Saturday.  Don't you feel like that harmed your performance on Monday.  Or was it that you were not concerned about a PR effort at Boston so the 5ks were just for fun?

Jay is pretty much otherworldly around these parts. He once ran 40 miles as a shakeout run the morning of a marathon...or something like that.

delicate flower

Jay is pretty much otherworldly around these parts. He once ran 40 miles as a shakeout run the morning of a marathon...or something like that.

I hear Jay once raced a racehorse and beat it.  He actually had to slow down so's not to embarrass the horse.

<3

delicate flower

We should have a "Jay716 Facts" thread.

<3

cjones1

Jay doesn't qualify for Boston, Boston qualifies for Jay.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

The Large Hadron Collider was first developed to see if scientists could accelerate particles to the speed of Jay.

<3

B-Plus

NOT Chuck Norris, guys... lol.

Millar, Hi.  I recognize you from buffalorunners.com.   The two 5Ks were just for fun, and not PR attempts, so I figured "why not?"  Still within the realm of taper mileage, maybe they took something away from Boston, but maybe not.  If I get to where I want to be for next year, I'll be more disinclined to pull a similar stunt.  Smile

Hip Redux

They've stopped measuring aircraft speed in Machs and now measure them in Jays.

NOT Chuck Norris, guys... lol.

Chuck Norris & Bill Brasky are both in awe of Jay's exploits.

Found one of Jay's race pics.

Dave