Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: If You Don't Like It, Bite Me! (Read 66 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

It sucks, one day it is 60 degrees and feels amazing and then the next day it's 30 and a chance of snow or sleet.................... I keep looking at our 10 day forecast praying for temps above 30 for my 5k race and nice weather.

I hear ya.  The feels like temp for the run was only 8.  I don't even care if it's cold for a 5k, I'd just like it not to be snowy and slippery so that I can actually race.  If I have to slow down every time I need to turn, I'm thinking it may not be worth the money.  Hope you have better luck.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes, it may have been mentioned.

I am going to have to go back through and find this subject.

As much as I think about sex throughout the day, I rarely have sex dreams................. and it pisses me off!

If my 5k is cold, I'll just have to do a warm up run for 15 minutes to make sure my legs are good and ready to work their asses off.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I'm over at Fountain Walk all the time, either at Emagine getting my drink on (when I drink that is), or at Godaiko trying any number of yummy dishes!

I roam the east side, Shelby Township.  There is a 5k with a super bowl theme this weekend out there somewhere right?

Not sure what brings you all the way out west, but I live & work in Novi, and spend plenty of time at Fountain Walk myself. My last two bosses in addition to being fitness guys & supportive of my lunchtime runs, are also beer-drinking' guys and supportive of an occasional Friday lunch with a pint. Bar Louie is our regular spot, they have an excellent draft selection there. Brand new however is the Tilted Kilt, which you need to try if you want to give your eyes a workout. Check it out & you'll know what I mean.

Yes there is a 5k on Sunday at the Novi Civic Center. You even get a finisher's pint glass to use during the game later. It is about a mile from my house, I just checked out the course & they use part of my regular route. But I don't really do any 5k's, and in fact I will be out of town anyway.

What do you know about the Martian Marathon? It's April 13 in Dearborn. I am not signed up yet but am sort of targeting that if training goes as planned. Being right in the metro area is pretty convenient.

Dave

Also, I got my a new monthly high mileage total at 311.  Not too bad for having to miss 5 days of running while I was sick.

Slacker!

Dave

Just B.S., enjoy the swims.

scrape., I hope that your run for well.

Kay, I’m glad that you had fun spinningSmile

Scott, I’m glad that your morning at the gym went well.

flarunner, another great run for you.

AprilRunner, enjoy your midday run.

crazyrunninglady, you're off to a great start.

Baboon, less than a week left!

DaveP MI, enjoy your rest day.

ImNotScott, have a great rest day, too.

Sarah, have fun with the strength and flexibility work.

Damaris, I hope that working from home+a five-mile run lifts your spirits.

Zelanie, enjoy weights and core. Nice splits! scrape., how cool that you had an impromptu obstacle courseSmile

Robert, what an amazing month!

lilac_jive, don't be so hard on yourself. No one is 100% all the time.

Rick, excellent way to show the hamster wheel who's boss.

Kristin10185, have a relaxing rest day. I hope that you had fun with your dad.

BruceD555, you made it through eleven miles in that weather? You definitely earned an easier day.

scottydawg, enjoy the four, wherever they take you.

Oooh, Dave, please post about how you like the new Saucony shoe.

Fuzzy, enjoy your last run of January. Shari, have a great pair of workouts tonight.

Dan_The_CPA, great to see you here. Have a fun four-miler.

Heidi, have a refreshing recovery run tonight.

Luke, sweet run, sweet pace.

FreeSoul87, whatever you do, easy or tempo, I hope you enjoy it.

SIAR, great run today. Congratulations on your monthly mileage PR!

I did forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer before work. Weights, abs, and push-ups have to wait until tonight.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Slacker!

I was just happy to run this month as bad as that flu felt!

Basya...Nice job squeezing in the trainer.  How fun with the rest of your exercises later.  Do you work with a trainer, or do that on your own?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just sat down and made a racing and training schedule for the entire spring racing season going Feb 10 to my 10 miler in June that includes 2 5Ks, a 10K and a 5 mile race.   Now.....I just need to be able to be in shape to begin a training schedule Feb 10th pain free. Hoping I'm not being too ambitious. I'm just so sick of not running so I decided that looking up races and making training plans would make me feel better.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SIAR, I don't work with a trainer. My workout time is often the only precious me time I have, other than that which I spend in the shower.

kristin10185, enjoy your rest at today and relaaaax. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to handle those distances.

YAYpril - B-Plus

SIAR, congrats on the monthly mileage PB!

Basya, nice early morning arc'ing. I love the arc trainer myself.

Kristin, good luck fixing the ITB issue and being able to start your training plan. Fingers crossed for you. Smile

3.12 in 30 minutes done on the ole 'mill. I was waffling (mmm... waffles) around with what to do, and after a couple failed speeds I finally settled on alternating 90s at 7.0 with 60s at 5.6. 5 minute warmup, 4.5 minute cooldown to make it a full 30 minutes.

136.67 miles for me for January. A new personal best by over 33(!) miles. It's amazing what consistency/refusal to let myself be lazy can do...

@runjerseygirl

SIAR, I don't work with a trainer. My workout time is often the only precious me time I have, other than that which I spend in the shower.

kristin10185, enjoy your rest at today and relaaaax. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to handle those distances.

+100.  My sanctuary.

Do you even run?

Mostly harmless

Also, I got my a new monthly high mileage total at 311.  Not too bad for having to miss 5 days of running while I was sick.

Awesome!  I got my new monthly mileage PR too at 216.  I'm less than 100 from SIAR! Go me!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

YAYpril - B-Plus

Awesome!  I got my new monthly mileage PR too at 216.  I'm less than 100 from SIAR! Go me!

And I'm less than 100 from NotScott! Woo hoo!

Docket_Rocket

Woohoo!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mostly harmless

I am going to have to go back through and find this subject.

As much as I think about sex throughout the day, I rarely have sex dreams................. and it pisses me off!

If my 5k is cold, I'll just have to do a warm up run for 15 minutes to make sure my legs are good and ready to work their asses off.

Your legs have their own asses?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Your legs have their own asses?

Lol this is why I need more coffee....... or less. Yes my legs have their own asses, or maybe I should have said their thighs off???

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)