Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 miles and strength training.

Docket_Rocket

Ran 2.50 miles for 5.25 for the day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Does the person paying for tour bill introduce him/herself? Or does he just pay and keeps quiet about it?

Never happened to me. Closest to that was when I lived in St.Marteens, on Sundays nights at the Surf Club (a bar), my first two Caribs (beer) were either on the house or on Carole's (waitress) bill. Didn't happen to anybody else I knew. 

Both times it happened it was completely anonymous. I asked the waitress who did it and she wouldn't say. There was nobody we knew there. Both times I had just finished a long run, so I may have looked like I couldn't afford to pay, but then I wouldn't have gone to a place with $11 hamburgers and imported beer;-) The previous time it was a Dennys. No idea who or why.

Cyberic

Both times it happened it was completely anonymous. I asked the waitress who did it and she wouldn't say. There was nobody we knew there. Both times I had just finished a long run, so I may have looked like I couldn't afford to pay, but then I wouldn't have gone to a place with $11 hamburgers and imported beer;-) The previous time it was a Dennys. No idea who or why.

That's very cool. Do people really pay for others who look like they're in need in restaurants? I doubt that is the reason. Maybe you look very friendly. Maybe you have a secret admirer. Whatever the reason, I think that's a cool story!

RunningOnSand

Ginny, that's definitely very cool.

One time when we had a very very little baby (I think he was a few weeks old), dh and I went out to one of our local favorite restaurants, and a retired couple picked up our whole family's check (party of 5!---obvi the baby didn't add to the bill Wink ), and introduced themselves and said they remembered when they were our age, with kids. It made me cry. It's so, so kind. That makes me want to continue to spread the love around. Paying it forward!

Dave, sorry to hear your hammy is still bugging you. It sounds like you've received great advice, though. That's awesome you're able to run on it., still. I know when there's any types of limitations, though, THAT is the thing you probably want to do (or at least that's how my brain works).

HC & Coastal, you guys are amazing. Thanks so much for the work you're doing.

Docket, how are you doing mentally today? How's your dh doing?

So yesterday I had an awesome run in 47* weather. Everything was melting. And then it ducked into the 20s overnight, and was 25 at run time...I decided (rather apprehensively) to treadmill it b/c of the ice, and in retrospect I'm so glad I did. Walking the dog today has been like going out on an ice skating rink. So my workout was 10 up, 5mi @ HMP, 3mi @ 10k pace, 2mi @ 5k pace, and 10 down. I'm beginning to wonder if my coach is giving me workouts based off my goal pace, not current fitness. I misread didn't pay attention adequately enough to my workout calendar so I ended up doing 20 min up, and since I didn't have enough time at the end I just walked for a few minutes and called it good. And I couldn't nail the last 2 miles. At least I tried? It was a damn tough workout. Anyway, 12'ish miles on theTM done. And I'll be happy to take a SRD tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Fortunately, he works this weekend so he has not even put the CD in the computer.  So, so far, so good.  Not counting the many martinis and wine glasses....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

Fortunately, he works this weekend so he has not even put the CD in the computer.  So, so far, so good.  Not counting the many martinis and wine glasses....

Oh that's good--keeping him busy? Cheers! I won't count, alongside of you.

sdWhiskers

Ginny, that's definitely very cool.

One time when we had a very very little baby (I think he was a few weeks old), dh and I went out to one of our local favorite restaurants, and a retired couple picked up our whole family's check (party of 5!---obvi the baby didn't add to the bill Wink ), and introduced themselves and said they remembered when they were our age, with kids. It made me cry. It's so, so kind. That makes me want to continue to spread the love around. Paying it forward!

Dave, sorry to hear your hammy is still bugging you. It sounds like you've received great advice, though. That's awesome you're able to run on it., still. I know when there's any types of limitations, though, THAT is the thing you probably want to do (or at least that's how my brain works).

HC & Coastal, you guys are amazing. Thanks so much for the work you're doing.

Docket, how are you doing mentally today? How's your dh doing?

So yesterday I had an awesome run in 47* weather. Everything was melting. And then it ducked into the 20s overnight, and was 25 at run time...I decided (rather apprehensively) to treadmill it b/c of the ice, and in retrospect I'm so glad I did. Walking the dog today has been like going out on an ice skating rink. So my workout was 10 up, 5mi @ HMP, 3mi @ 10k pace, 2mi @ 5k pace, and 10 down. I'm beginning to wonder if my coach is giving me workouts based off my goal pace, not current fitness. I misread didn't pay attention adequately enough to my workout calendar so I ended up doing 20 min up, and since I didn't have enough time at the end I just walked for a few minutes and called it good. And I couldn't nail the last 2 miles. At least I tried? It was a damn tough workout. Anyway, 12'ish miles on theTM done. And I'll be happy to take a SRD tomorrow.

That looks brutal! Sure it wasn't x miles at HMP or at 10k or at 5k? I don' think I've ever done 2 miles at 5k...usually I'd have like 5x1k or maybe 3x1 mile at 5k. And not in addition to 5 miles at HMP,  yikes

RunningOnSand

That looks brutal! Sure it wasn't x miles at HMP or at 10k or at 5k? I don' think I've ever done 2 miles at 5k...usually I'd have like 5x1k or maybe 3x1 mile at 5k. And not in addition to 5 miles at HMP,  yikes

Well so that’s what I don’t know. I ran a HM in Oct at 2:01Tight lippedx...so that’s like a 9:10/9:15mm pace, I think. He had me do 5mi @ 9:00, 3mi @ 8:30, and 2mi @ 8:00. It was hard.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Closest to that was when I lived in St.Marteens, on Sundays nights at the Surf Club (a bar), my first two Caribs (beer) were either on the house or on Carole's (waitress) bill. 

Dude - you just lived out my dreams.  I love that island and everything about it.  Been there 3 times.  Also, Happy Beach. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours