Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES Are the One They Call Dr. Feelgood (Read 63 times)

Decided to wait another day before getting back into it, didn't realize how much this cold/flu had taken out of me. Still feeling kind of weak & dizzy. Don't want to be the guy passing out on the treadmill.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Cats are an interesting bunch at times. Smile

5 miles today with miles 2 and 3 at 8:43 pace, roughly what I hope to maintain in Saturday's 15K. We'll see - I'm sure I can maintain 8:50-8:55, but I'm a little unsure of going much faster than that and holding on for 15 Kilometers.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi Dailies.  I did 10.3 this am.  Legs were a bit stiff from yesterday's mega run so kept it mostly at recovery pace.

New microwave gets installed today.

Hope everyone has a good run/cross train/rest etc

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Love that picture, Scotty! We had a cat when I was a kid who could actually turn on the bathroom sink so it was just dribble out when she wanted fresh water to drink. The faucet had the old-fashioned handles shaped like a cross or X, and if she rubbed against it, she could turn it just enough. For a long time, my mom blamed us kids for not turning the water off completely. That darn cat!

10 miles done! 2x2 miles at 8:00 pace, 3:00 recovery between + 1x1 mile at 8:00. Overall time 1:29:17 - 8:56 pace. Definitely needed those recovery periods, but I'll cut back how long they are the next time I do this workout.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Phil I'm sure your doggie will look at you every time from now on with a "are you sure these are MY meds"?

Scotty that is funny on the cat and the water

Safe travels Basaya

LRB I was just on the phone with my dad as I was helping him close some of his accounts that he is consolidating (and apparently he can't figure out how to do on his own even if he has a masters in finance so I have to be on the phone with him to tell the guy what needs to be moved.  I don't mind but sometimes SMH that he wants me to do it for him) and he did say that you all finally have some nice sunny skys and the storm is supposed to stay south of you guys

Waves to everyone else

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eh, haven't decided if I am going to run an easy 4 or an easy 5 tonight.... I'll know by the time I get out there.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I ran 6.44 miles at recovery pace. I'd like to do another run, but we'll see. Even though it's cold and there's still snow on the ground, I got talked into meeting a friend at 4:30 for 9 holes of golf. Maybe I can do a few miles on the TM tonight as I'm hoping for a 100 mile week.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Feel better.  Hope it didn't travel to your chest (you know what I mean).

Decided to wait another day before getting back into it, didn't realize how much this cold/flu had taken out of me. Still feeling kind of weak & dizzy. Don't want to be the guy passing out on the treadmill.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Tell me about it.  Yesterday, I left my iced coffee on the table to use the bathroom and when I get back Rubio is drinking it.  Coffee!

Cats are an interesting bunch at times. Smile

5 miles today with miles 2 and 3 at 8:43 pace, roughly what I hope to maintain in Saturday's 15K. We'll see - I'm sure I can maintain 8:50-8:55, but I'm a little unsure of going much faster than that and holding on for 15 Kilometers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Hi everyone, sorry I"ve been MIA for a bit since my return home from Disney. Had a lot to do in the first few days then

all heck broke loose on the weekend. I know I have zero hope of cathing up on the posts from the last few days.

Since I returned I did swim clinic and 6 miles Thursday, swam 1,300 meters continuous on Friday, swim clinic Sat.

morning at 7:15, then 11 miles Sunday.

I was ecstatic on the 1,300 meter swim. Jan 5th I couldn't swim 50 meters, then two weeks ago swam 400 meters,

then 600, then 1,000. The sky is the limit now and I'm confident the 1,900 meters I need to swim in order to do a

1/2 Iron next summer (my next big goal) is well within reach.

Had an unplanned trip to the E.R. with my Auntie who turned 84 on GroundHog Day. She is my deceased Dad's

sister. My Uncle died 21 years ago and they never had any children. We were always close and now she is like

my second Mother so she called us to take her to the hospital. I have to admit I didn't handle the phone call very

well and cried all the way to pick her up. Thankfully it is something that can be treated with medication and didn't

require a hospitalization. But of course that ate up 6 hours of our Sunday.

Then we had an unscheduled vet visit. Appears that our beloved BusterMan could either havea scarcoma or possibly

Lyme Disease. He barely ate or drank the entire time I was gone and hubby assumed it was because he was

missing me. He was also crying/whining a lot. However it didn't get any better and yesterday he has shivering violently.

I am hoping for Lyme Disease, as it is treatable. Scaroma would be fatal. Blood tests should be back tomorrow. Cost

$600 so far just to find out this much and get some antibiotics.Shocked Of course that's just a drop in the bucket compared

to paying for college/housing for two kids but still!!!!

So I didn't really have time to read all the posts from the last few days. I just wanted to say Hi and hope you have

all been well.

Docket_Rocket

Beth, sorry you're going through so much.  Hoping your aunt is doing better and hoping for the dog to have something minor and treatable.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Beth, sorry you're going through so much.  Hoping your aunt is doing better and hoping for the dog to have something minor and treatable.

Thanks but the initial blood tests have already shown there is something very wrong. Just a matter of

pinpointing what exactly it is.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.  Hoping is something treatable.  And showing up in blood tests is better so you can attack whatever it is.  My cat never showed anything on her blood tests so I didn't have any idea she was sick.

Thanks but the initial blood tests have already shown there is something very wrong. Just a matter of

pinpointing what exactly it is.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

oh poor dog!  Hope everything works out

Marjorie

Just B.S.

oh poor dog!  Hope everything works out

Thanks Marjorie.  We adopted him a year ago at age 8. We lost our beloved 12 yr old border collie

to heart failure in 2010, he died in my arms.  Our Irish Setter died at age 8 after going blind at age 3.

I didn't think I would every get another dog after that heartbreak but Buster needed a good home and he

already knew us. My hubby warned me that my heart would get broken again soon with an older dog and

it will but it is worth it to be this special guys pet parents.

He is every bit as sweet and gentle as he looks. After 45 minutes of the Vet poking, prodding and drawing

blood 3 times he just sat there, shakingand  looking sad.Sad