Beginners and Beyond

Soon to be Snowy Saturdailies (Read 39 times)

The experiment of trying to roll lots and run normally this week has made my leg worse.   I think I need to stop running and go get xrays.

Dave

LRB

The experiment of trying to roll lots and run normally this week has made my leg worse.   I think I need to stop running and go get xrays.

Smart move, there is still plenty of time before your race. Hopefully it's from overuse and heals with rest. Keep us posted.

Zelanie

Smart move, there is still plenty of time before your race. Hopefully it's from overuse and heals with rest. Keep us posted.

I've only been not running for like 3 hours and I already have no idea what I'm going to do with myself.

MTA: I still may have a chance of avoiding a DNS, but my chance of starting the race properly trained is looking grim.

Cyberic

That sucks Zel. Hope it's nothing serious.

LRB

I've only been not running for like 3 hours and I already have no idea what I'm going to do with myself.

I know, part of the fun of what we do is the anticipation of the next run. Without that, the whole thing blows because there is nothing to look forward to. But for you the next step is that doctors visit, which ironically is the first step to getting back at it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hope it's nothing serious Zelanie.

Nice job on the race, and not far off your PR performance. I'm not sure which is more impressive, the race or the fact that you ran 5.6 miles after it!

The 5k I ran last year in a blizzard and single-digit windchill - the post-race festivities were indoors, which was nice. But I wanted to get in a longish run that day. So I put back on my hat & gloves which were sweat-soaked from the race, and went back out into the (worsening) blizzard for another 8 miles. That pretty much royally sucked.

Dave

LRB

The 5k I ran last year in a blizzard and single-digit windchill - the post-race festivities were indoors, which was nice. But I wanted to get in a longish run that day. So I put back on my hat & gloves which were sweat-soaked from the race, and went back out into the (worsening) blizzard for another 8 miles. That pretty much royally sucked.

Geezus!

I guess we really can do anything if we put our minds to it!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fortunately the rain held off until the last mile. I didn't bother with the awards (inside) since I knee I was behind at least 1 in my AG. It's been alternating between rain and snow all day, glad I got this done.

I had a dry shirt in my car that I changed into for the quick drive home. It would have been fine had I just gone home, but I stopped at Starbucks with everyone else. And FFS, if you no longer carry something, take it off the menu board or cover it with tape.

Geezus!

I guess we really can do anything if we put our minds to it! runners are stupid. 

FYP.

Dave

LRB

FYP.

lol

True dat. We ran through two of the worst winters in Michigan's history!

Ric-G

MTA: I still may have a chance of avoiding a DNS, but my chance of starting the race properly trained is looking grim.

Sorry to hear this...but too soon to know...you do know you won't lose any fitness that quick (even though it seems like it when we're not running).

marathon pr - 3:16