Beginners and Beyond

Where are the MONDAILIES? (Read 44 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. Who else enjoyed the warm weather yesterday? It was 42 glorious degrees when I went out for my run after noon yesterday. I ended up with a little over 50 for the week.

I started this week off with a 7 mile Easy run on the TM. Hopefully we get more great weekends like the last one so I can have fantastic long runs every weekend like that.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

I am happy any day I don't wake up dead.

Well, when you put it that way!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

First, I was halfway through writing my RR when I exited the forums and deleted that.  Then, now that I am halfway through it our internet went down.  Maybe it's a sign?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Zelanie, I'm sending my best vibes to your canine friend! Poor Zoe... :-( And I wish you good luck with the project in Costa Rica! That is so exciting! SO and I have long been wanting to go to Costa Rica. There is a great marathon there on the West coast, in September. Just sayin'... 

Ooh, I hope to read a RR from you at that marathon one of these years!  Smile  I did have a chance to talk to one of last year's chaperones who is also a runner who said that it was pretty easy to run down there.  She says it was pretty popular and she saw lots of people out running.  She chose to run on a TM to avoid traffic, and had several nearby gyms to choose from.  Plus there was a nearby football stadium with a track for track workouts.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Z's doggie!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You'll get there Lauren Smile and it will be awesome for you.

This morning I almost said screw the run, my bed felt so comfortable... but  after debating and arguing with myself AND downing a cup of coffee, Rocky and I headed out the door. We got 6.3 miles in 1:06:16, nice and steady for an easy run and I didn't even feel sore which is weird because I was seriously expecting to feel it after yesterday morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Hello! Happy Monday! Not sure about tonight, I may run may not depending on how I feel.  The top of my left foot has a little bit of swelling as I'm just basically starting over (again).

On a positive note, my 100 pushup program is coming along nicely.  Only 2 days in but haven't faded yet.  I consider that a huge victory Smile

Have a nice one!

Yugo8

Good Monday morning!

5 easy miles.  That's it.  It's kind of like a day off, he he.  I foresee a busy, bust day at work.

Ric-G

5 miles this morning. Congrats again to D and Lurch at Disney....and Jay for that track performance....Have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Will run for scenery.

Had an awesome trail run last night.  In my dreams.

Before that, when I was awake, I settled for half an hour on the elliptical.  It doesn't suck as much as before, so maybe it's working?

Good wishes Zel's doggie!

Lilly, hang in there!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Yugo8

Me, too.

outoftheblue

Well I completed my 10X100 track workout on Sat, followed by a 12.6 mile run on Sunday and woke up today with no foot pain.  Yippee.  And the weasel hasn't been back either, so all is good in my camp.

Zelanie -- So sorry to hear about this.  My doggies are like family to me.  Sending hugs and positive vibes to Zoe.

Life is good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

+1!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope you start feeling better, Dave!

I wish I could oversleep sometime, Kristin.  However, between my alarm clock and the cats we have that have their own built-in biological 'time to get up' alarm, there is no such thing as "sleeping in" during the morning, lol.   Hope you can beat the fatigue!

Dealership?  I thought you were getting a new car, Marjorie.

Poor Zoe!  Hope she has a speedy recovery, Zelanie!   You're going to Costa Rica?  Nice!

Good luck with your graduation deadline, Lauren.  Wait..December?  I think you missed it!  Uh oh... 

Who else enjoyed the warm weather yesterday?  I did, I did!  It was 71 yesterday.  Me and my cat, Peanut, sat on our deck and 'basked' (that means we napped a lot) in the sunshine.  Wow, congrats on your 50 for the week, that's about a month's worth of running for me these days!  SIGH..I remember when I was doing 50 - 60 miles a week....so long ago....

Nice running, FreeSoul!  Sometimes when you don't feel like getting out there, but do anyway, those miles turn out to be some of your best running ever. Weird how that works.

Sorry about the foot swelling, John!  Hope that it is nothing serious.  Congrats on the 100 pushup program!  I think I need to do a 100 pullups program.  Right now, I can do about 1/4 of a full one. 

5 easy miles is a day off for you, Yugo?  Nice.

The weasel?  Guess I missed that story, outoftheblue.   Congrats on your running and no foot pain is always a good sign.

Congrats on your 5, Ric.

I envy you, jj, being able to do ellpitical.  I can't do it...the darn motion on the thing makes my vertigo kick up and I end up just about always fallling off the damn thing as the room spins around. This does not impress the gym staff very much, lol, so now they're always watching me when I head toward any of the machines.  About the only "motion" machine I can use is the Stairmaster - and that at only a very slow pace.  That is why I am usually always outside for my workouts.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

But Scotty, 71F is NOT HOT!

Damaris

Fundraising Page