Beginners and Beyond

San Diego RnR Half RR (Read 29 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I'm sorry it didn't go your way, but thats nearly to hot for an easy jog.

Runner with a riding problem.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I'm sorry you didn't hit your goal but coming so close even when not feeling well should give you confidence that you will get there one day.  I liked the report, thanks.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

sdWhiskers

Damn it, two geniuses were of no help?

You were both helpful  Knowing that I can grab photos from FB without having to save them on another site is key.

RunningOnSand

I'm sorry it didn't go your way, but thats nearly to hot for an easy jog.

truth

I'm just having a chance to read this, but girl.  I ran that 1/2 ONCE, and swore never again.  I looked at the elevation profile, thought it seemed fine, and OMG, it's hilly AF.  And HOT.  And HUMID.  I was so pissed off after I ran it, for exactly the same reason you are: I was totally in PR shape, but that course and the conditions that come with the location and time of year make it a suckfest of horribleness.  My girlfriend did get a PR, but guess where she's from?  Houston!  It was better conditions than Houston in June, but that's about the most positive thing I can say about that.  I have yet to consider another R&R race because that one made me so irrationally angry.  (I did love the people of SD though, super fun crowd along the course.)

You ran a good race, and you did what you could with what you had to work with.  We live here, so we get complacent about weather.  "It's always like this, I'll be fine!"  But then when it's 13 miles of grinding, it's not fine.  It's misery.  Give yourself a break here.  Also, do what Bert suggested, compare your OA percentages to last year and see how things stack up.  That may improve your feelings about the end result.

Run your cold 1/2 in the winter and you'll blow this out of the water!