Beginners and Beyond

Oak Bombardment ThursDailies (Read 23 times)

Docket_Rocket

+1

though it’s impossible to drive with it here and listen to a podcast because it’s interrupted by “speed camera reported ahead” or “red light camera reported ahead” every two seconds

You can turn the voice off in settings. I do because of that. Now it won’t talk to me and I can see it on the screen instead.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

You can turn the voice off in settings. I do because of that. Now it won’t talk to me and I can see it on the screen instead.

Somehow it doesn’t strike me as super safe to be looking at the screen every two seconds (which is my issue with all these cameras, which clearly don’t work since traffic fatalities are higher than ever… people watch their speedometers instead of the road)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

The Milwaukee Marathon canceled.

Was that the one onemile was pacing? Or is it Lakefront?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I am sort of fucked if CIM cancels. Backup options in December are pretty limited.

Dave

LRB

I am sort of fucked if CIM cancels. Backup options in December are pretty limited.

The Houston Marathon is the only one I can think of. And although it might require you to register before you know the status of CIM, the likelihood of anything being canceled in Texas is virtually slim and nil, and slim just walked out tha doe.

onemile

The Milwaukee Marathon canceled.

Was that the one onemile was pacing? Or is it Lakefront?

The Milwaukee marathon has a long history of incompetence and fuck ups. Long course, short course etc.  This year they moved it from April to October but didn't manage to secure the permits to close the roads on their chosen dates. The police are contracted with the Brewers and not available for that reason. It has nothing to do with COVID or anything.   Lakefront marathon (which I am pacing) is a go and all permits granted.

The Milwaukee marathon has a long history of incompetence and fuck ups. Long course, short course etc.  This year they moved it from April to October but didn't manage to secure the permits to close the roads on their chosen dates. The police are contracted with the Brewers and not available for that reason. It has nothing to do with COVID or anything.   Lakefront marathon (which I am pacing) is a go and all permits granted.

LOL this sounds like the Vancouver USA Marathon in Vancouver, WA (near Portland, ~3 hrs from me). Not to be confused with the one in Vancouver, BC, Canada, which is supposed to be a good one (I was registered in 2020 so hopefully will be able to run it next spring). They’ve had a short course that resulted in Boston qualifier status being revoked after it was run. Can you even imagine if you BQ’d at that thing?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Now I remember! But ugh. That would be the first thing to get if planning for a race. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page