Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES are for running! (Read 37 times)

zzyzx

I said that if I could hit 8 miles today, I'd sign up for the evil Hot Chocolate 15k. If I couldn't hit 6, there's no chance. Anywhere in between, I'd play it by ear.

8.2 miles at 8:50. I didn't run nearly enough hills to practice for that, but when I finished I did run up a few hills on the cool down walk. I have a few more weeks to get hills back into my system.

delicate flower

My dog hurt her back.  The vet grabbed the spot and the dog went "YELP!!"  At least they found the spot!  Drugs and rest.  Wonder if I can get some of that.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Been throwing up and have a fever for most of the day so URD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

My dog hurt her back.  The vet grabbed the spot and the dog went "YELP!!"  At least they found the spot!  Drugs and rest.  Wonder if I can get some of that.

If they gave her tramadol, you can just share

Docket_Rocket

Awww, poor doggie.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 5 on the treadmill. Spent too much time this morning chilling with coffee & my bagel and the rain started. We're supposed to get up to 4 inches between today and tomorrow. At least it's not snow.

Docket, hope you feel better.

Baboon, our last dog hurt her back many times, usually it involved her getting tangled in blankets & falling off the bed. Our vet gave her good shit--usually tramadol or muscle relaxers. Sometimes both. Hope your dog feels better & everyone can get some rest.

RunningOnSand

Baboon, poor girl. Glad she has some meds though, and that you know what is hurting her.

Docket, WTF. Get better, lady! You've been so sick. Sad

ZZY, sounds like you'll be racing!

HC, 4" of rain?? 

I got 5 on the TM done.

Coastal

Another night spent coughing and blowing my nose. Can you give yourself a heart attack by coughing too hard? Given the way I feel and the drizzle outside, I think I may spend some time on the couch watching the Olympics. Hopefully the endless analysis will send me back to sleep.

I don't know about a heart attack, but it's possible to give yourself a hernia.  

Looking forward to binging on Olympics.

Got in 8.3 on the road.  Had to go out to the big city this morning and got back too late to go to a meeting I'd wanted to get to.  So I got to go for a sunny day run instead.

Italiana626

The Latecomer

Baboon - Hope your pup is on the mend soon.

Docket - Hope you are on the mend soon too!

ZZY - Nice job!

Coastal - 8+ mile run >  meeting. In my world, anyway.

16.03 miles in 73* and way too much humidity for Feb, even for here. Last mile was a struggle. But that means I need only 3.5 or so tomorrow to meet the week's goal. But I'll probably do at least 5, weather permitting.

Coastal

Italiana:  Nice 16er