Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday; glad you could make it (Read 34 times)

No more marathons

No candy.

Same distance (4.1), mostly same course.

Today was 3 minutes faster.

I''m going with sugar crash and lesson learned.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

From the BAA web site:

Registration for the 2018 Boston Marathon began on September 11, and the maximum number of athletes who qualified and applied for entry has now been reached.

The B.A.A. will not predict the "cut off" time needed to gain entry into the 2018 Boston Marathon. The total number of qualifiers and their qualifying times will determine the cut off time. Due to field size limitations, not all qualifiers who apply will be accepted.

So it looks like there will be those who ran BQ times that will not be accepted.

Still hoping that the cut off time is low enough that all the B&B runners who want in, get in.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Runshortii

D - hope you feel better.

21:38 for my 5K. First mile was 6:38 and last mile was 7:11. But it's a 30 second PR, and it was humid as hell and I haven't ran a 6:38 mile since HS, oh and I suck at 5ks so I'm happy. Funny, i usually negative split every race except 5Ks where I just blow up fantastically lol. I've also decided that having the last .10 uphill is pure evil.

hope everyone from the forum who applied for Boston gets in!

Docket_Rocket

They are saving people from themselves. I know it's no big deal for you, but racing a marathon in 86 degrees is abby normal for most people.

I wouldn't run one in that heat but I have always thought that races tend to cancel too far ahead of knowing what is going ti happen really.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Still hoping that the cut off time is low enough that all the B&B runners who want in, get in.

You and me both.

Dave

delicate flower

You and me both.

From what I am reading, I have a gut feeling the cutoff is going to be low, like under a minute.  Nothing I have read is indicating high demand or an unusually large number of entries.  But who knows...we won't know until we know, and it could very well be four minutes.

<3