Beginners and Beyond

Thursday DAILIES (Read 24 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Supp yo!

No running for me today but I will do some core and stretching before work.  I have been stretching as much as possible during the day and yesterday decided to hold a stretch while my food was in the microwave (three minutes).

Of course a male coworker walked up while I was bent over touching my toes and asked quizzically, "What in the hell are you doing?"  The only thing that I could think of was, "It's a running thing, you wouldn't understand".

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Trial today.  Work from home if there is any time left after that.  Kickboxing tonight.  I'll need it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

meaghansketch

Morning dailies.  Got out of work at 9 last night, got in at 6 this morning, feels like I never left.  Treadmill run tonight, I'm considering following it with a group total body conditioning class at the gym.  I haven't done it before, I'm a bit nervous but it would probably be good for me to lift a weight or two once in a while!

Hip Redux

Morning LRB, DR and Meaghan!

Run last night was good.  I managed to not go insane on the TM and I wonder if it was because I had a mirror in front of me.  I think that means I may enjoy gazing at myself.     Today will be lifting after work.

Speaking of work, I have another 4 hour meeting on my calendar.   THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I will do my run today followed by my weight training circuit.  Unfortunately, my problem is that I like to eat just as much as I like to exercise, so even with my running and weight training,  I pretty much just stay in my current status, an old running dog with a bit too much belly.

Flippin' 35 degrees this morning in San Antonio!  So I will run after work today.   It will be a very pleasant 63 degrees with sunshine and low dew point and humidity, nice.   Tomorrow will be a little chilly too, but then on Saturday the 'low' will be 63 and the high will be in the 70s. And Sunday, a high of 80!   Crazy Mother Nature apparently really likes to mess with Texas, lol.   Sunday is the San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon.  Figures she'd bring the heat back THAT day!

Of course a male coworker walked up while I was bent over touching my toes and asked quizzically, "What in the hell are you doing?"        "This is how I release the gas in my system so step away from the blowback."  Big grin

Too bad, Damaris, the judge won't let you do some kickboxing in court with some of the idiots you probably have to deal with.

Good luck with the running and the follow-up class, Meaghan.   Sounds like you need some stress relief after all those hours at the job!

4-hour meeting!   Your bosses really know how to torture you, Oski!  Enjoy your lifting after work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Some recovery miles on tap for today, but I'm going to wait until it thaws out a lil.  Right now, coffee!!! Big grin

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Tested out the new sexy trail shoes this morning, they felt real good. Rocky and I only ran 4.2 miles as I really wanted today as a rest day along with tomorrow but I wanted to know whether these shoes would be good enough for the race Saturday. It was a slow run, I stumbled quite a few times it is always with my right foot. The trees are pretty much naked now, all the leaves are covering up the roots and it's like a freaking land mine out there. I actually have a reason to prefer trails in summer, all the leaves are on the trees and you can actually see the trail. I might tape my ankle up today, it only hurts when I land on a root wrong and my ankle "rolls" to the inside, but the pain doesn't last..... I am still going to tape it or ice it or something. It's a good thing Saturday's race is on parts of the trails that doesn't have a lot of roots.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

LRB: congrats on yesterday's stairs! Smile

Last night's 4x1200 went ok. SRD for me and three days of 11, 4, and 20 miles. We are almost at the end of week 15. There is light at the end of the tunnel...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone. Been busy with vacation but returned to work today. Did an hour Pilates yesterday. Return to running is tomorrow or Saturday.

Marjorie

Dad on the run.

Hello hope everyone's Thursday is going well, so far mine has been ok.

Day 4 of NR - Stopped by wal-mart and picked up some therabands and a compression sleeve for the knee area (can't hurt right?). I went through the fitzgerald ITBS knee exersices lastnight followed by some stretching and icing. This morning I just say screw it and took a lazy day. Slept in until 6:30 OMG! Tonight I will do Jillians, core followed by the stretch and ice.

I don't feel it anymore when I walk, so I guess that's progress?

Oh! Also had a triple F lastnight, oh yea... Fried Food Fiesta! Chicken tenders, jalapeno poppers and cheese sticks with a coke. Talk about blowing your calories for the day Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Ric-G

lrb - good answer

D - kick some a** tonite

Meagan - with you on the feels like i never left

oski - glad the run went well

scotty - but eating is fun

D2 - i second you on the coffee

free - sexy trail shoes...good marketing

jack - nice job...i assure you, there is light

marjorie - hope the time off was well spent

jblack - knew the triple f would be interesting in one way or another

7 this AM; 3 easy and 4 @7:30; meeting my son's new soccer coach later tonite. have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Trial is over!  I have another one tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Trial is over!  I have another one tomorrow.

Did you ask for the death penalty, or life in prison without the possibility of parole?  Roll eyes

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This Saturday before the race I will take a pic of me wearing the shoes and my gear, it's looking like the starting temp will be in the high 40s or low 50s so I  might wear shorts and a regular shirt along with the shoes. We'll just have to see though Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)