Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Presents: Headlines - 1st Edition (Read 64 times)

B-Plus

Slow day here.

I have been lazy again this week with another 2 consecutive days off. I'm planning for about 10 miles this afternoon.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scrape...I ran my first marathon in the DS 15s and loved them as a training shoe...wish I had stocked up! Next time I find something that really works I'm not going to mess around with models and styles, until it stops working like you mentioned.

BPLUS...get out there!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Chairman

The 15s? The white and lime green little jobs? I think those were the best. The 16s didn't feel as good, though I couldn't quite put my finger on why.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

B-Plus

The 16s are my first pair of DSTs and they just feel clunky. I really like the racers though.

SIAR - No excuses today, I'll get 'er done. I think I'm just lacking motivation right now, but hopefully that will change soon.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The 15s? The white and lime green little jobs? I think those were the best. The 16s didn't feel as good, though I couldn't quite put my finger on why.

Yep, they were sexy. It was probably that odd heel counter that started the demise.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

5.2 oz!  I'd last about a block in them, lol, with all my fat pressing down on them!

Happy running and racing in the new shoes, Heidi!

Adidas Adizero Adios - sound familiar?  I wasn't 100% happy, but I scored them for $50, so I can't complain.  I'm going to run in them tonight when I do those cruise intervals.  I wanted the true racing flats badly - Saucony A5s.  I balked at the store because they are a lot less shoe than I am use to, then I came home and ordered them.  I'm going to try to ease into them at the track.  These bad boys are light - 5.2 oz. - and feel amazing on.  I just felt fast in them period. I'm so glad the quad is better today!!  WOOT!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Generally, I agree with your theory on weight. I'm just curious if you hop on the scale more prior to a race? 

No, I am nowhere near fast enough to be concerned with an extra pound or two of flab on race day morning ha-ha!

I have only recently changed the batteries in the one I have to weigh myself once, every two weeks.  Before that, I may haved weighed myself four times in a year.

The only reason I am even doing it that often is because I am tracking my progress towards my goal weight, which once I reach it, the object will be to try to find that balance where I am no longer "dieting" to stay at or around that weight.

With the amount of fluids and carbs I consume during marathon training, watching the scale would be completely counterproductive, as I naturally carry more weight (2-3 lbs) when running higher mileage. 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

No, I am nowhere near fast enough to be concerned with an extra pound or two of flab on race day morning ha-ha!

Well, when you put it like that, neither am I!  I just really want to meet this goal, so I'm trying a few things I haven't tried before.  As for the fluid and carbs, in addition to sweat loss after runs, I definitely see some wild weight fluctuations.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for the interesting shoe discussion.  Never heard of the Adios but they sound really good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Today's run puts me over 100 for the year.  57 miles ahead of this time last year!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Mostly harmless

Thanks for the interesting shoe discussion.  Never heard of the Adios but they sound really good.

+1

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mostly harmless

I finished my 12 but wasn't enjoying it much. I was under-dressed but too stubborn to swing by the house and grab a sweatshirt. Instead I gutted out the last half of the run freezing my tail off and not having much fun. Oh well, another one in the books and I've already had a hot shower and some carb replenishment therapy to improve my mood.

Way too many folks here to reply to but I hope everyone had great runs today and thanks for the lively discussion.  I read through it all but I just don't have time to reply.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

8 miles at a 9:45 pace this afternoon.  Gotta go bring my girl to dance class.  I will catch up on everyone's day when I get back.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Didn't get my lake run in yesterday, decided to use the good weather to work on the truck.  But it was nice again today, so I got 12.1 miles @ 7:37/mile in this afternoon, great run.

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

8.33 miles done. Ran to Aardvark, ran with them, and ran home. One of the guys from the store wanted more miles so he accompanied me. He used to live in my neighborhood so I think it was fun for him to revisit his old stomping grounds. My first 4-mile loop was one that he used to run regularly, ha.