Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday: #workworkworkworkwork (Read 35 times)

onemile

I have 5 to do with 3x 0.5 mi at GHMP, 0.25 at 7:00, and 0.25 easy. I might do it on the treadmill because the roads look like they’re only half plowed and I don’t feel like falling and busting my shit before Saturday

yeah I'm going to be inside today too.

Runshortii

I ran 5 on the TM. 3 x 0.5 @ 7:30, 0.25 @ 7:00 and 0.25 easy. It felt hard but okay. Not sure I can hold 7:30 for 13 miles but I never feel like I can so we’ll see. I am getting better at doing speed work on the TM without feeling like I’m going to fall off

LRB

I ran 5 on the TM. 3 x 0.5 @ 7:30, 0.25 @ 7:00 and 0.25 easy. It felt hard but okay. Not sure I can hold 7:30 for 13 miles but I never feel like I can so we’ll see. I am getting better at doing speed work on the TM without feeling like I’m going to fall off

I haven't done much of it but when I do, the belt is moving jack!

RunningOnSand

I haven't done much of it but when I do, the belt is moving jack!

The worst is when you start to feel your feet hit the very back of the TM like you're about to fall off. I'm always like, "oh shit!" and then try to run faster to get to the front of the belt. Big grin

Half Crazy K 2.0

The worst is when you start to feel your feet hit the very back of the TM like you're about to fall off. I'm always like, "oh shit!" and then try to run faster to get to the front of the belt. Big grin

I always kick the front of mine, because I'm scared to get too far back.

GinnyinPA

That's me. I have to watch out I don't step on the front piece of plastic, but mostly when I'm running slowly.

All day snow so I ran my 8 on the TM.

Docket_Rocket

My TM is super long so I've never had that issue, even at WTF speeds.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I ran 10 miles with 8x800m w/ 2 min recoveries. On the treadmill. It was harder than it should have been today. But I almost just scrapped it and took an URD so there's that.

Coastal

ROS:  I remember that winter running game.  A lot of people participated because it got them motivated to get out there.  That one person from Manitoba or points North always ran high mileage in ungodly conditions.

KCR:  Sounds like a great race.  Good luck.

SDW:  Got to echo other people's comments.  Give yourself a chance to recover before coming back and killing that 5K with your marathon fitness.

Rest day today.  PT in the morning.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6.2 and it was above freezing.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

I ran 10 miles with 8x800m w/ 2 min recoveries. On the treadmill. It was harder than it should have been today. But I almost just scrapped it and took an URD so there's that.

You got it done. There are days like that. In the end the bad days probably pay off as much as the good days.