Beginners and Beyond

Mo dailies Monday (Read 46 times)

LRB

I pretty much did this last spring. I trained for a half and ran a nice PR. And then I thought, hmmm I wonder if I could PR at the marathon even though I hadn't trained for it.  I had run 16 miles 3 times as part of my half marathon training but was running 50mpw.  Anyway, I managed a small PR - I paced it 'conservatively' based on my lack of training but raced it all out. The last 10k was pretty fucking painful.  I could really feel my lack of long runs - my legs hurt so bad.  I don't regret running it though. It was a cool race and I don't think I would ever want to properly train for it because of winter.

I remember that race, PR's hurt.

How many marathons have you run to date? I have run 3, not sure how many more I have left in these fragile, rickety bones. Mostly because of the training not the race itself, which sucks in its own right. lol

delicate flower

8.25 miles at 8:02 pace in 90 degree heat.  Man, this hot weather came on fast.

Dude, the Patriots got hammered.    

<3

LRB

1. Hair cut
        2. Red cord
        3. Renew plates
        4. Go to the bank
        5. Shop for an outfit
        6. Make the world happy

This just in; I am the man.

LRB

I have not seen it. Off to see!

LRB

1 million large, a 1st round pick in '16, a 4th in '17 and four games for Brady. They are lucky that's all it was, just ask Sean Peyton.

Little Blue

15 cubic YARDS????  Holy crap that would fill an I ground pool.

Turned out the pile was actually 18 yards.  He had moved a tiny bit, we moved probably 10.  He has a large heap left over.   We have no idea why he bought that much.  But it turned out well, I was the pusher.  He filled up the wheelbarrow, I pushed it around and dumped it, and my boss raked it out.  So my shoulder did not suffer. 

cjones1

1 million large, a 1st round pick in '16, a 4th in '17 and four games for Brady. They are lucky that's all it was, just ask Sean Peyton.

I'm guessing Bob Kraft will not be getting that apology he demanded. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

I think losing the draft picks is a bigger deal than the suspension.  Teams are built through the draft, and the Patriots basically just had two players taken away from them.  That is huge.

<3

LRB

I think losing the draft picks is a bigger deal than the suspension.  Teams are built through the draft, and the Patriots basically just had two players taken away from them.  That is huge.

For any other team maybe, with this one I just do not think it will matter. They are the Patriots, they make the player, the player does not make them.

They once won a Super bowl with a wide receiver playing cornerback FFS, who does that?!

onemile

I remember that race, PR's hurt.

How many marathons have you run to date? I have run 3, not sure how many more I have left in these fragile, rickety bones. Mostly because of the training not the race itself, which sucks in its own right. lol

I have run 6.  But I really only trained hard for 3 of them.  I don't know if I have many more in me. For me it's mentally draining as much as physically hard.

LRB

I have run 6.  But I really only trained hard for 3 of them.  I don't know if I have many more in me. For me it's mentally draining as much as physically hard.

I trained for 2 of mine, the middle one I ran with achilles tendonitis and did just enough to get there. Not sure if I will make it to 6 but if I do I will be impressed. lol

Docket_Rocket

5 on the TM and then 2 outside once it went down to 86F.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.7 easy and lower body weights.

I think the NFL commish had to come down hard on the Patriots (or whichever team/player was the next to fuck up) after the Ray Rice fiasco.

Hip Redux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=23&v=XDBkPQW6mo0

What a load.  Now when the Bills win the AFC East this year, all we're gonna hear is pissing and moaning about the suspension.