Beginners and Beyond

What's with all the color runs? (Read 182 times)

happylily

I can start randomly bumping stuff if that would make you feel better?  :P

No thank you. I shy away from re-reading my old posts. Something to do with shame, I believe. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

sirdizzy

Freesoul the true genius of a meltdown thread starter is to be so good you can start the thread walk away and it is so well done it evolves on its own.  Big grin

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I feel like dizzy has a special touch. I started a Color Run thread a few months ago because my friends wanted me to join their team, and I was curious about them and if I should treat it as a "race" or just a fun day.... and nothing significant happened. The topic did not divulge into nude runs and FUPAs. Dizzy starts one and BAM! Meltdown on a Tuesday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LTH brought up nude runs, which was unexpected. I am serious about setting one of my own up though, it won't cost anyone a dime, just bring your own alcohol and maybe some headlamps... oh and be ready to run from cops Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

LTH brought up nude runs, which was unexpected. I am serious about setting one of my own up though, it won't cost anyone a dime, just bring your own alcohol and maybe some headlamps... oh and be ready to run from cops Big grin

Alcohol is a must!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I imagine it would bounce around too much to be of any use...  but it would be amusing

monkkey

This has been an informative thread... I do love me some acronyms.

sirdizzy

If lth is involved in the nude run I'm not sure I could get drunk enough.

RabbitChaser

Like others have said, if it gets people off the couch than I have no issue with them.  I ran one last year with my running club and had fun. Would I do it again, not likely. I'd rather do a mud run, then again, it's fun to play in the mud! I ran the color run the morning after a night trail HM. It was a fun way to get in a run to loosen up the legs.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

....exactly which head are you talking about?

I imagine it would bounce around too much to be of any use...  but it would be amusing

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

....exactly which head are you talking about?

WOW

Surprised

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My brain wants to say the one down south, but not knowing Slymoon too well I don't want to assume they are another pervert.

WOW

Surprised

PRs

MrNamtor

Vivid imagination...

And watching a buddy of mine run into a rotten tree stump on a trail run at night... it was about 6" around and just at belly button high... he didn't break it as much as fold over it and then vomit...

lol - ouch!

sirdizzy

Its funny all the sponsored posts on facebook used to be mudruns and those trojans races now its all color runs.  I had no desire for those either maybe I should start a post on them too Wink

Like others have said, if it gets people off the couch than I have no issue with them.  I ran one last year with my running club and had fun. Would I do it again, not likely. I'd rather do a mud run, then again, it's fun to play in the mud! I ran the color run the morning after a night trail HM. It was a fun way to get in a run to loosen up the legs.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It does it to me too, I figured it was because I signed up for 2 color runs or I've read articles about them. I am not computer/internet savvy so I don't know how that shit works.

PRs